Thursday, September 18, 2008

Positive Energy: It Takes Time to Change

I often don't pay attention to how my inner self talks to me, and if I focus on this conversation, it mostly reveals itself as doubts, negative thoughts, or fear. It is a mirror of my life!

To get over self-doubts, and thoughts, I read "The Power of Positive Thinking" by Dr. Norman Vincent Peale, lots of repeated practices, and tune in to what my mind is talking at all moment.

The Power of Positive Thinking: Truth or Myth?

This is an interest article, and discussed about the truth or myth of positive thinking. It is a great read for me to sort out my own belief. Personally, I prefer to think in an upbeat way rather than constant negative talk., whether it is true or not.

Give Your Mood an Instant Dose of Zing

To boost those down time, I wrote this article to keep my spirit alive, and remind myself how beautiful life really is. The list in this article is very simple, and is something I hold close to my heart.

6+1 Ways to Improve Your Mood

Here is article on "ManageYourLifeNow.com", which listed many other ways to improve your mood. I totally agree with all the suggestions in this wonderful article, and practice them whenever I feel down.
The Five Secrets to Being Happy

Volunteer is something I live by, and through many visits at the nursing home, old people shared their secrets of staying happy with me. You will find five secrets in this article, and they will surprise you as how simple they really are.

A New Prescription for Happiness

Read this and try to identify your traits to happiness. It is an article to ponder upon! Here is a direct quote from it: "other qualities can be cultivated, sometimes by doing something as simple as taking a walk in the park, counting your blessings at the end of the day, or sitting down and writing a letter you may never send."

A Dozen Reasons You are a Happy Person

Recognize one simple thing you do each day, can also give you that powerful feeling of positive thought. In this article, you will see that even the smallest act such as smile bring out a different attitude

It is up to us to guide our life, and take control of our emotions. We can't change whatever happens to us, but we can change how we should look at the situation, and decide to win it rather than let it beat us down.


 

6 comments:

  1. Nice set of resources.

    I have realized something recently. If I'm feeling down, it's because my thoughts are following a pattern that has in the past, made me feel down.

    In other words, if we keep our mind going in the same way it always has, the results will be the same. Our thoughts are the root of the matter.

    If we can figure out how to change our thoughts, we can have more peace and joy in our lives.

    But it does take work. Tons of it. Wisdom helps too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the vast number of positive/happy links. I'll be back to read more tonight.

    Do you have a RSS feed set up? I can't seem to find it on your blog? I'd like to add your blog to my Google Reader.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bamboo Forest,

    "If we can figure out how to change our thoughts, we can have more peace and joy in our lives."

    This is what I have to constantly work on, since my past was not that pleasant!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stacey,

    The RSS is on the right side, next to Train for Humanity icon!

    Thank you for your comment and support!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice list or resources! I especially liked "The Five Secrets of Being Happy".

    ReplyDelete
  6. I guess it has helped you quite a bit. So glad you are self motivated.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking your time to comment! I will visit you as soon as I can, promise..

Stop by my other blogs:

Pragmatic Soul
Beyond Wandering
Beyond Zephyr



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Provide useful, entertaining, and educational information on a wide range of subjects.

Total Pageviews

Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP  

Pin It button on image hover