Thursday, October 23, 2008

Life Lessons to Remember

I found this article "Career Hub: 9 Career Lessons From Richard Branson" by Sital Ruparelia and feel inspired. The article is adapted from Sir Richard Branson's Screw It--Let's Do It - Lessons in Life.


The 9 lessons are below, and they are precisely what we should remember to live by every day!
  1. Just Do It
  2. Have fun
  3. Be bold
  4. Challenge Yourself
  5. Stand on Your Own Feet
  6. Live in the Moment
  7. Put Family and Friends First
  8. Have Respect
  9. Do Some Good

These 9 lessons are just wonderful! Often, when I have an idea, I jump into it with both hands and feet. "Just do it" is a powerful message! When Nike comes up with that slogan, they know how to motivate people to take a chance.

If you want to start a blog, just do it! If you contemplate on having a new career, just do it!

"Challenge yourself" is another lesson that jumps out at me. It is the back burner that remains well lit to give me that push to reach for what I want. Learning to challenge myself gives me opportunities to open for new ideas, and experiences. I believe when I stop challenging myself, I also stop learning!

Everyone has their own life lessons to live by! These 9 lessons from Sir Richard Branson are my inspiration to work on self improvement.


My life lessons look something like this:
  • Have courage to try new things
  • Push past limitation
  • Be honest, loyal, and supportive
  • Give my best effort
  • Have faith
  • Do the right thing
  • Count my blessings
If some body asks you what life lessons can you pass on, what would you say or list out?


 

12 comments:

  1. Great post! With lessons, we have to apply ourselves, too. I seem to do all of that already - I try my best to be the best person I could be one day at a time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Right now a life lesson I am trying to live by comes from Hamlet:

    Neither a borrower nor a lender be,
    Do not forget: Stay out of debt; Think twice, and take this
    good advice from me,

    It's tough.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice set of life lessons - both sets you've shared. I, too, really like the Nike slogan of "just do it". And yours, of "have faith". Another one of mine (I don't think it was on the list) - is to be in the moment. This is good stuff to end my week on - thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. --Thanks Tery for visiting me and comment! Can't wait for your next post!

    --Thanks Dave for the reminder about financial ordeal.

    --Thanks Lance for coming to check me out, and your kind comment!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My favorite is "Just do it". It IS powerful and it's the only way to live life to the fullest and have no regrets at the end.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a wonderful post. We would never get anywhere if we didn't first like what we do, then apply ourselves to the task at hand. I also liked the pictures you used to demonstrate your point.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you Vered, just that three simple words "just do it" are enough to get us going!

    Thank you Anne, you're too kind!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I definitely like the lesson "let's do it too". It is why I swear by Nike...LOL!! I wouldn't ever want to regret not doing something when my teeth starts to fall out, and my hair turns grey.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Evelyn--When I'm hesitating in doing something, I usually tell myself "just do it" to get that push! Thanks for dropping by!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for the comments and link back to my article, very kind of you

    And a great post too

    Sital

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sital---I like that post, and you're welcome!

    ReplyDelete
  12. i'll say, have no regrets! learn form each experience! and pass it on! lovely post, Icy...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking your time to comment! I will visit you as soon as I can, promise..

Stop by my other blogs:

Pragmatic Soul
Beyond Wandering
Beyond Zephyr



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Provide useful, entertaining, and educational information on a wide range of subjects.

Total Pageviews

Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP  

Pin It button on image hover