Thursday, January 8, 2009

Movie to Watch: The Duchess

I like Keira Knightley and Ralph Fiennes as actors in general. Their roles in the movie "The Duchess" were outstanding.

My daughter and I watch this movie together, but she doesn't like it as much as I do. Generation gap has to do something with her decision. She just couldn't take the idea of living a miserable life due to duties or roles.

On the other hand, I can totally understand and feel for the Duchess of Devonshire. She has no choice but accepting her destiny, and lives her life accordingly.

Photo Credit

Keira Knightley plays Georgina, and Ralph Fiennes plays William, the cold, rudeness Duke. The main purpose for their marriage is to have a male heir! The Duchess produces two daughters causing her husband much embarrassment in the society that only valued men.

Though the Duchess is quite a controversial figure who involves in politics and theater, much loved in the public eyes; she lives a miserable life at home with a loveless husband.



In the YouTube above, Princess Diana's life has been linked to this movie, and I found it refreshing with the close comparisons. Watch this trailer to find out if the movie is for you.

She has the quiet strength that I admired, and her endurance is quite remarkable. I don't know if I could take the torments that she had to go through.

I only get to watch a new movie every so often, and the Duchess is a great one to watch, wonder, and think about.



Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape

 

7 comments:

  1. Brilliant film, great write up here. Have you seen The Other Boleyn Girl?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmnn..I might watch it! I loved Keira and her acting style!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi BC I like you don't get to watch movies very often...will put this on my must see list, excellent review

    geri

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glynis--No, I haven't, but plan on getting the Other Boleye Girl soon.

    Mys--It's a good movie!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't seen this movie, but I'll look out for it. It does look good.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I will put this on netflix for sure

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dabrah--Good to hear from you! Hope everything is great with you..

    Brando18--Get your wife to watch with you. It should be good..

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking your time to comment! I will visit you as soon as I can, promise..

Stop by my other blogs:

Pragmatic Soul
Beyond Wandering
Beyond Zephyr



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Provide useful, entertaining, and educational information on a wide range of subjects.

Total Pageviews

Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP  

Pin It button on image hover