Wednesday, March 18, 2009

More Articles More Earnings, or Is It?

Whenever I see more than five articles published in one day by a writer, I am always amazed at the speed of their ability to write, especially if they come out days after days! My admiration also diminished quickly though if that writer is in my feed.

I have just enough time to read one article per friend, not five pieces from one person. I am very sure, most of us have more than one friend, and I don't blindly add more than I can handle. Moreover, we have personal blogs, and we have other websites that we belong to.


I've read many posts from different people who promote the concept that the more articles you have, the more money you will earn. This idea only applies to pay-per-post, or per article, such as Associated Content.

For the sake of pay per view websites, such as Triond, Bukisa, eHow, and Helium we all know that we must drive traffic to our articles in order to earn. It can take hundreds of views for a few pennies.

So Here Are My Questions
  • How do you get traffic to all five articles in one day?
  • If you submit all five pieces to SU or any other bookmarking sites, it is spammed, isn't it?
  • How many people you've made friends with, read all five pieces?
  • Did you have time to read your friends' work, or is it a one way relationship?
I consider myself a normal level-headed person, and there are many more people like me. My own personal experience with 184 articles at Triond brings me to the conclusion that "the more you write, the more you earn" is wrong. My older articles hardly have any views, and my earnings barely increase!

My Suggestions
  • Don't stop writing new articles
  • Publish your articles sparingly to give friends and readers a break
  • Work on promoting old articles/poems/posts
  • Drop comments on other people's work
Unless someone can show me how to earn more money with more articles on pay-per-view, I think it is safe to conclude that this idea is bogus. Your articles need traffic/views to earn money, without this, even if you have 1000 articles and no reads, you can bet that there will be no pennies either.



Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape

 

9 comments:

  1. This is interesting. I wondered why some people were posting so much. Publishing more articles each day than people have time to read sounds like a waste of everyone's time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And I agree with you 100%. When someone publishes more than one artcile per day, I only read one of them. I haven't got the time. I've got other friends' work to go through.

    I raised this same point in one of my articles about online content. I try to limit what I publish too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with you too. I hardly find time to write, let alone write 5 articles a day! I would love to but I would not epxect my friends or followers to read all of them. If any of my friends publish too many, then I will read only one. I know it sounds kind of tough but unfortunately, my full time job is not writing so I really need to make the most of the time I have. I am glad I am not the only one :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a great article Icy. I have to agree with you. I feel under a lot of pressure at times to make sure I do friends justice by reading their stuff but sometimes I feel swamped when lots of stuff 'appear' from them all at once.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Diane,

    I guess people got excited about seeing their writing published, so they just publish anything.

    Anne,

    I have one in my feed right now, but only read one...no time for all.

    Loree,

    Unfortunately, I don't have time to write 3-5 a day either. There is still life..

    Geri,

    I agree! We can easily get derailed with too much to do..

    ReplyDelete
  6. I also totally agree. You just cannot read so much. Good post

    ReplyDelete
  7. I write as often as I can to keep my mind alert,I don't expect anyone to read it though, I hope some do, but I know we are all busy. Interesting article.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi! I agree with you. I have one blog in my RSS feeder that I am actually going to delete b/c I can't manage the 10 posts a day. The interesting thing is that this is not a blog I usually read, but it's known as a Top 100 Blog so I was keeping an eye on it in my feeder. But now it is getting out of control.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I agree that it takes a lot of time to read all of my eHow friends articles, and I have to admit, I am one that just recently posted a bunch of articles all at once...I did this to reach my goal of 150 articles...I did not and still do not expect my friends to read all of them at one sitting...I always comment back when someone comments on my articles and I do try to comment on the same number of articles they have commented on for me...but I would rather comment on one article a day for each friend...
    Lilfix (eHow)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking your time to comment! I will visit you as soon as I can, promise..

Stop by my other blogs:

Pragmatic Soul
Beyond Wandering
Beyond Zephyr



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Provide useful, entertaining, and educational information on a wide range of subjects.

Total Pageviews

Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP  

Pin It button on image hover