Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Five Easy Ways to Build One-Way Quality Backlinks

As bloggers/writers, we all want to have traffic to our blogs. Backlinks are our ultimate aim since with quality backlinks, our blogs can also benefit from having a higher page rank.


There are many ways to build one-way backlinks, but for many of us, who blog for the sheer joy of blogging and sharing, below are some easy ways to attain this pursuit.

Blogging


Find other blogs in your niche, read, follow them, and leave comments. The blog owners may not return a kind visit to your blog, but some of their readers might find your comment interesting or the title of your blog intriguing, and decide to visit you.

Search engines such as Google, MSN, and Yahoo put more weight on these kinds of one-way backlinks than reciprocal exchange links.

Forum


Again, a niche forum is recommended for your niche, but a forum like MyLot is also a great start. MyLot is varied enough that you can put a link to your post there. It is wise to keep in mind that they need your contribution also. That means being a part of their community!

Social Bookmarking Sites


If you are online, you know the main buzz is social bookmarking sites. Digg, StumbleUpon, Mixx, Reddit, Twitter, Facebook, and MySpace are the most popular ones. By bookmarking your post, you are creating a one-way backlink to your site.

Important note about social bookmarking sites: Be a part of the community, or you will be exspunged as spammer!

Yahoo Answers


Many people swear that Yahoo Answers bringing them a great amount of traffic, if you spend a bit of time searching for questions that related to your subjects, and post the answers with your links. Though, I have tried Yahoo Answers in the past, it was just too much time consuming for me, and maybe I need to learn the right way to go about this.

Google Alerts


You must first sign up for a Google Alerts account and promote your major keywords. When Google email you a new page/site/link with your keywords, you go to those pages and leave a valuable comment to avoid deletion.

As you know, the comment box often allows you to type in your website, so be wise when writing your comment.

These five easy and all-free methods just need your time, and elbow grease. If money is not a problem than you can buy a press release or advertise your business, but my intention for this article is to help regular bloggers or writers.


Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape

 

17 comments:

  1. Great post with lots of useful info. Thanks!

    T

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great suggestions. I never considered using Yahoo Answers before. I'll have to check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So far, I found commenting on blogs works for me. I enjoy reading various posts and participating in the conversation. It's fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for all the useful information.

    ReplyDelete
  5. T

    Thank you, and I'm glad you found it's useful..

    Stacey,

    It's fun to read the questions but it's also time consuming!

    Carl,

    I also enjoy reading other blogs. Thanks for stopping by!

    Loree,

    Thanks for checking it out!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Interesting, I had never heard of MyLot or looked into Yahoo Answers before. Nice to learn about these free resources, thanks BC!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the great tips! I knew about some of them but didn't know about Google Alert...I will be checking that one out...Thanks...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Diane,

    MyLot is a paid forum, and I was a member there a long time ago.

    Loree,

    Just with anything, it's all very time consuming!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good list. I also use Associate Content to post articles that relate back to my blog and always link to myself.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nicole,

    I'm on Associate Content but haven't try the link back to my blog..

    Thanks for the idea, and stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  11. thanks a lot for this great information Icy, some (or a lot?) actually are new to me, so I really appreciate helpful inputs such as this. I will try to play around with your tips sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for the valuable sharing which helps to confirm what I am doing now are right. Besides, some other tips are also helpful.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Brenda,

    There is always so much more to learn, and I feel as if I'm always behind in learning the "ultimate" backlinks information.

    Betchai,

    Good to see you on this blog! So many articles talking about building backlinks, but I thought these are the best, easiest, and free ways to build backlinks to our blogs.

    rainfield61,

    I hope these ways will help us all to build backlinks.

    Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Good tips for back links, and as you say they are time consuming so we need to find what works best for us and make a commitment to spend time on it.

    ReplyDelete
  15. i am not sure if this method still works, but others say they do, i been searching seo method so that i can win the contest in http://heartratewatchcompany.com/blog

    ReplyDelete
  16. Judy,

    I guess we will just have to do what we can, and whatever happens, happens..

    an do,

    Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I will try the yahoo answers sometime, thanks for the info!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking your time to comment! I will visit you as soon as I can, promise..

Stop by my other blogs:

Pragmatic Soul
Beyond Wandering
Beyond Zephyr



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Provide useful, entertaining, and educational information on a wide range of subjects.

Total Pageviews

Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP  

Pin It button on image hover