Thursday, April 30, 2009

Reality Shows Are For the Birds

What is it with reality shows nowadays? Why do they exist? What are their purposes? I know, I know, I’m old fashion to the core, but that is what makes me—me! Besides the fact that reality shows are extremely entertaining, I see no values or principles in them.

Let take The Bachelor for an example. Why do people even think about marriage on this show? Marriage is a sacred union, and it should not be taken lightly. If anyone ends up in a marriage, it must be to boost the show's ranking and to gain his or her own popularity!



Avoid Watching This Show

Here is my confession: I refuse to watch this show! It’s degrading the sacred vow of marriage! However, I have seen enough clips from the commercial to know that this show is a joke. It has too!

Set a Better Example

The bachelor for this season is a single dad. This must be great for his son to see him making out with 20 different women to find a wife. Shameless intimacy transfers from one woman to the next. Is this love? Can it be love? How gross can you get on national television?

Women’s Pride

And women!!!How do you feel to see this man kissing another woman in front of you, and turn around to kiss you and then someone else after you?

What are we teaching the children? Are we telling them it is all right to go on television, kissing, and making out with 20 different people during a specific time of filming to find their lifetime partner?


Where is the old fashion way of meeting someone and taking time to fall in love? How can anyone falling in love, or pick out a compatible life partner based on a contest?

I don’t know, maybe I am missing the purpose of the show! Maybe this new trend of getting married is not for my generation to grasp. Is there some kind of fulfillment viewers received when watching this show? Am I really missing an important hidden message in this show? What are they?

For me, I chose to click to another channel as quickly as I can. I rather watch cartoon than be entertained without any integrity!



Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape

 

7 comments:

  1. I agree. I don't understand how shows like this can be popular. I'm not religious but I still think it's weird that our society encourages behavior like that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Icy, I totally agree. These shows are strictly for tv ratings. Not to mention I always find it curious that they call these shows reality tv when in fact they are like any other tv show. They are being videotaped throughout the show so how can any of it be reality? The people know they are being taped and photographed so they obviously will not be representing their true self. It's ridiculous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't watch a lot of tv,but one thing I will not watch are these reality shows!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are not missing the point my friend. What you say here is exactly right. Shows like these are useless as far as I am concerned and anyone that is watching them can't have any kind of life. These men are teaching terrible values to their children and the women must really be desperate. All the reality shows are a joke to me. Of course this is only my opinion. Life is too short to waste it watching something that takes away from our values instead of aids them. Thanks for this thought provoking post!

    Friends 4 Life!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Diane,

    I don't understand how people just diving in to watch this show!

    Poetic Shutterbug,

    I think we are going to far airing these kind of shows! Imagine the children growing up watching these..

    Glynis,

    I catch a bit of commercials here and there when the TV is on.

    EddieGarcia,

    I'm glad to hear from the man's perspective. Thanks for your comment!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Icy, it's all about sensationalism and views (funny, like something else I've been wondering about). I prefer old fashioned values. Love is based on trust and it would be difficult to trust any man who was just kissing another female. And what is a kiss if it can be given so freely and easily? Does it truly show any emotion other than lust? I never believed in kissing on the first date. I had to get to know the gentleman and establish a mutual affection. What has happened to our values? And like you asked, what are we teaching our children?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Judy,

    With all the comments, I think we are not alone in thinking this show is a terrible show!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking your time to comment! I will visit you as soon as I can, promise..

Stop by my other blogs:

Pragmatic Soul
Beyond Wandering
Beyond Zephyr



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Provide useful, entertaining, and educational information on a wide range of subjects.

Total Pageviews

Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP  

Pin It button on image hover