I have been toying around with the idea of putting Top Commentors and Recent Comments widgets on my website for a while. Though I didn't want my website to look so busy with too many different things, and widgets; I've decided to install them to see how these will work out!
After reading from other articles, below are the benefits from having these gadgets on your site:
- Encourage readers to leave a comment
- Let your readers know their comments are appreciated
How to Put Top Commentors Widget on Your Blog
I have spent all day reading, and testing out widgets for Top Commentors, and I found the best one on Blogger Widget website.
Step by step guide:
- Click on Top Commentators Widget for Blogger
- Then click on the first gray button: Add Top Commentors Widget to Blogger
- Look for the pop-up window
- Type in to your blog URL (Do not add the / after dot com or it won't work)
- Follow three simple instruction on that window: change setting, customize, and add widget to blog
How to Put Recent Comments on Your Blog
I found the easiest way to put the Recent Comments Widget on MadTomato website, and the the direction is below:
- Click on the box and copy the code
- In your layout, add gadget
- Paste the code into the gadget
- Change the word "YourOnBlog" to your URL, and the number "100" to 25 if you want to.
- Click save