Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Put a Slideshow on Your Blog Using Picasa

Have you ever want to put the pictures from your blog on your site? It is a slide show which uses the images you already have on your blog to show readers the pictures from your post.

Here are the pictures from my blog!




Step by step guide:

  • Log into your blog, and go to your dashboard
  • Scroll down to Tools and Resources at the bottom page
  • Click on Picasa Web Albums
  • On your photo page, click on the album that you want to show
  • Click "Link to this album" on your right hand column
  • Click on "Embed Slideshow"
  • Here, you can personalize your slideshow such as the size of your images, auto play, or how big you want your slideshow be.
  • Then copy the HTML code, and paste it to your blog.

Picasa is free photo editing software from Google, and you can use this software to organize your photos, and make your pictures better.

For more information on how to use Picasa you can watch this video from YouTube, and learn how to use many other functions, such as removing red eyes, making collage, or making a movie!


Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape

 

16 comments:

  1. Wow Icy, that is pretty cool. You keep us so informed and I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Icy, thank you so much! You know, you are almost my resource in terms of technical help about blogging, from google analytics ( hey, it is so cool), to blog template, to google PR and now, this! I will surely study this when I get the time and it makes me excited! Thank you so much for sharing all that you know about improving our blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that's neat! I enjoyed watching your colorful slideshow, just delightful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Icy, that's really cool. Photo bucket did it for me, because you know me - all thumbs on the computer. lol I like yours better!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow thatnk you so much for posting this. My husband got a slide s how running on his blog but it all seemed so complicated that I just gave up. You make it sound so easy that I might just give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jo--I was thinking about putting a slideshow on my blog, so I went to learn about it, and this is the result.

    Betchai--You're welcome, and thank you for your kind words.

    Diane--Thank you..

    Judy--Well, at least you have a slideshow now on your blog..

    Loree--It only takes a few clicks..

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you BC for the step by step instructions on how to add pictures. This is very informative.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh wow! This is a wonderful idea! What version are you using? I haven't updated to a newer version since I started using it. And I haven't really used Picassa on blogs only to edit it kinda like a photoshop thingy.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi BC...Thank you so much! Anyway, that's really a cool post! tc,

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is pretty sweet! I think I might try that

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've tried to use this before but I just don't like the meme badges being showed too, hahaha...So, I had to remove it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Mily--I was thinking of putting a slideshow on here, so why not share what I've learned? :-)

    Daisy--I am not using Picasa software. I just use the album part on my my blog.

    Mys--Thanks to you also.

    Alexa--It's fun to see pictures.

    Pacey--I wish there were away to select what pictures we want to show!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love watching those slide shows and have always wondered how to do this and now I know even though I doubt if I will ever use it, but then again, maybe I will.

    Cute chickens

    ReplyDelete
  14. MiddleDitch--It is fun to watch slide show..

    Lizzie--Thank you!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking your time to comment! I will visit you as soon as I can, promise..

Stop by my other blogs:

Pragmatic Soul
Beyond Wandering
Beyond Zephyr



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Provide useful, entertaining, and educational information on a wide range of subjects.

Total Pageviews

Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP  

Pin It button on image hover