Sunday, August 30, 2009

Camp at Gettysburg Resort for a Unique Experience

My neighbors across the street love to go camping in their RV. Every summer, they pack up their two boys and off they go for two weeks at a time.

When we finally had a chance to catch up yesterday, she told me about her latest road trip. This year they have traveled farther than usual, and they were at Pennsylvania RV Parks. Since her husband worked for the Department of Natural Resource, they love the outdoor and camping is a part of their lives.



When asked why they chose Gettysburg camping, she gave me numerous wonderful reasons such as they can visit the historic places and attractions nearby, hiking part of the Appalachian Trail, or stop by the Soldier's National Monument where President Lincoln gave his famous Gettysburg address.

At PA RV camping, her family enjoyed the private campground where they can also experience the Civil War enactments which bring the history of the battlefield to life. Her two boys learned how it was like in the past.

The activities at this campground include swimming, paddle boats, fishing, nature trails, canoes, children's playground, horseshoes, and so much more. My neighbor loves this place so much that they are planning to go back next year.

After our chit-chat, I went on the website to check it out for myself, and just reading the information I found it is really fascinating. For people who don't have RV, there are cabins that can be rented also. This is definitely another destination on my list of places to go.



Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape

 

2 comments:

  1. That sounds like fun! I would love to do that. I have never been camping, but that does sound like fun.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking your time to comment! I will visit you as soon as I can, promise..

Stop by my other blogs:

Pragmatic Soul
Beyond Wandering
Beyond Zephyr



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Provide useful, entertaining, and educational information on a wide range of subjects.

Total Pageviews

Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP  

Pin It button on image hover