Sunday, August 30, 2009

Guess Today Flower

Guess This Flower



It is Sunday, a day to appreciate all the blessings that we have received during the past week. It seems like the cold weather has returned too soon to our area. We receive lots of rain, wind, and chill temperature these last few days.

I don't want to feel gloomy today, so I chose to these flowers to cheer myself up. Come along, and enjoy a short post.


When you see this sort of thing, you must know that I've manipulated the bad photo and applied different filters and effect! I thought it would be fun to post this first to see if anyone can guess what this flower is.

Confession


Well, to tell the truth, I really don't know the name of this flower either. Some says it belongs to a type of butterfly bushes! I didn't see any butterfly though, only bees! Lots of bees! They were growing by entrance door where JoJo went to Robotic Camp, so I was always in a hurry to get the kids away to safety.

Small but Beautiful


I walk by these little flowers for five days, twice a day while dropping and picking JoJo up. Then on a bright sunny day, these flowers were glowing in the sun, and I stopped to take pictures of them. As usual, most of them turn out bad since they were really tiny, and my macro mode could not zoom in any further.

Enjoy your Sunday!



Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape

 

13 comments:

  1. Wow, such interesting and beautiful flowers! I love all the lines and details in the flower of the first image. I have no idea what it is! Thanks for sharing such beautiful images!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The pretty flowers look like Butterfly Bush (Buddleja davidii) to me, but I'm not sure. I love the way you manipulated the first one which reminds me of a woodblock print.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am not too familiar with the names of flowers, but I do love to look at them. They were really pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful flowers Icy, sadly, I could not guess for I do not know them too :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. Icy, I have no idea but they certainly are unique and beautiful. Thanks for sharing them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Icy--These are vaguely familiar to me, but I can't guess their name. I like what you've done to manipulate them!

    I thank you so much for the blog awards!! I've posted them now, and passed them along. You can see how I did it here:

    http://willoaksstudio.blogspot.com/2009/08/some-fun-odds-and-ends.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like what you do with your photos. It turns them into small works of art.

    ReplyDelete
  8. i cant, hahah! but i enjoyed your post, and it cheered me up, too! hope to know the answer when i visit next! hugs, Icy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have no idea what that flower is, I only know that I don't have any in my garden! But it's lovely, and your flower manipulation pic was pretty good too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. These look very familiar to me too Icy. But, I can't think of the name. They are very pretty and I to love what you have done to the image.

    It too is very lovely. I wish I could help you find out but I don't know.

    I bet I know who can tell you and that is Polly at Random Ramblings. I have yet to ask her anything and she didn't know the answer.

    I apologize for being away for so long. But, I had technical problems first with my blog and now I struggling with my satellite connections.

    I am so glad I dropped in tonight. These lovely flowers brought such a sense of peace over me.

    Awesome as always!!
    Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  11. The flowers are different from the ones on my butterfly bush but they could be different varieties. Whatever it might be it is very beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  12. i have no idea what those flowers are called. i know one thing though..they're lovely.

    flowers seems to be created to add joy and inspiration to our everyday existence!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Icy, you can capture the beauty in any and all flowers so well.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking your time to comment! I will visit you as soon as I can, promise..

Stop by my other blogs:

Pragmatic Soul
Beyond Wandering
Beyond Zephyr



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Provide useful, entertaining, and educational information on a wide range of subjects.

Total Pageviews

Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP  

Pin It button on image hover