Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Lavender Gerbera Daisy

I had these pictures in my computer for about two years now, and recently I was trying to organize them when I come across my gerbera daisies collection.

Lavender Gerbera



I have many different colors of these gerbera daisies, and I have tried to grow them, but failed miserably. For some reasons, these flowers didn't like where they were or the soil they're in.




One Beautiful Gerbera Daisy

Therefore, every time I see these flowers, I have to take pictures of them. I am especially attracted to the center of the flowers. It houses hundreds of tiny flowers within.

Close-Up of Capitulum


Summer is the time to see these flowers in many different colors, including two-tones ones. I am hoping to find a proper way and proper place to store my pictures.



Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape

 

10 comments:

  1. beautiful set of flowers again Icy, it's great to know you had been wonderfully capturing flowers for two years now, i love flowers, and like you, that is where i actually started taking pictures :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, I am going to have to get more colors next years. Beautiful photos and I love the lavender.

    My one plant is in a big pot on the patio, I've never tried to plant them in the garden.

    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would love to know how to grow gerberas. I have one in a pot. It is a very dark pink and totally gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i've taken some pictures of flowers yestrday, they look pretty familiar but some i have forgotten the names of. one looks like this. maybe you can help me name them after i post them later. thanks, Icy! love pink!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your close-ups of the Gerbera daisy! I have not been able to grow them yet either.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That was an awesome close ups! First time I saw close-up so detailed!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great pics! I love these flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are beautiful! I love the color and your macro shots are great!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Splendid! I too loved the middle bits. I can spot some golden buds in the middle.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this flower, I have one and it is my favourite colour. Great pictures!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking your time to comment! I will visit you as soon as I can, promise..

Stop by my other blogs:

Pragmatic Soul
Beyond Wandering
Beyond Zephyr



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Provide useful, entertaining, and educational information on a wide range of subjects.

Total Pageviews

Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP  

Pin It button on image hover