Sunday, September 27, 2009

Child Proof Your Home

Child safety is one of the most important things a parent can do to protect their offspring. It starts from the inside of the home to the outside. The more we prepare, the better it is for our children to grow without too many incidents.

Image Courtesy of kidsafeinc.com/



Baby proofing our home is the first step before bringing the child home from the hospital. It is never too early to think about their safety.

Years ago, we didn't have electrical outlet covers, and I have witnessed my niece got zapped by sticking a pair of tweezers into one. At other times, I saw children tried putting coins in the slots. With children's curious minds, you will never know what they might do in the next minute.

Image Courtesy of kidsafeinc.com/

How many children do you know that didn't like to play in the bottom cupboard? As a matter of fact, I remembered I had to clean out one whole section of my kitchen for my kids to play safely. Cabinet Locks are available at a very affordable price to keep the children out where they are not wanted, such as under the sink or wherever we keep our cleaning supplies.

Image Courtesy of kidsafeinc.com/

When my two older children were growing up, there were no such things as Baby Gates. I had to make up my own barriers to keep them in a specific area. At times, I felt as if I must grow another pair of eyes behind my head!

Child proof your home is now much easier for parents since there are so many different products available in the market. Before I go to any baby shower, my ritual is to shop for child proof items. I know they are boring gifts, but I rather give something that is useful, practical, and safe.




Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape

 

3 comments:

  1. It was a big deal for us to child proof our home when the kids were toddlers. Thankfully, they're older now and re can relax a bit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was a very good article. It is very important to child-proof your home because kids do start to wander and they can get hurt once they start touching things.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Children can get into something as fast as you can blink. Thanks for posting this worthwhile article..

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking your time to comment! I will visit you as soon as I can, promise..

Stop by my other blogs:

Pragmatic Soul
Beyond Wandering
Beyond Zephyr



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Provide useful, entertaining, and educational information on a wide range of subjects.

Total Pageviews

Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP  

Pin It button on image hover