Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Glass Racks or Cupboards?

My youngest sister is the only one in the family that enjoys a glass of wine at the end of her day. She has a beautiful wine glass rack under her cabinet space. This rack accentuates the decor of her kitchen, and the glasses sparkle when the light is on.

Creative Commons-Image Credit



Then above the main island, she has another hanging wine glass rack. I just love the collection of glasses that she has in her home. Whenever we have a family gathering, we use these glasses for juices or milk or soda. All the children feel special and think that we are too fancy.

For the longest time, I think that glass racks and pot racks add such a charming look in any kitchen. Though my current space doesn't allow me to have one, I am now admiring my sister's collections.

Many people prefer to have all their stemware inside the cupboard instead of displaying them. For me, if I have beautiful sets of glasses, I would rather keep them on racks for others to see. It looks more inviting to have a drink with friends and family, even if the drinks are just juice or milk.

What is your preference? Inside the cupboard or on racks?




Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape

 

5 comments:

  1. racks look inviting - hello, Icy! just taking time out of a tight schedule to see how you're doing...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glasses looks so sparkly and beautiful out on the rack. But at my house I prefer to use a cupboard. I have too much too look at as it is. Maybe I need more cupboards or less stuff. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The glasses are very organized and pretty hung that way. I wish I had the space to do something like that.

    SQ

    ReplyDelete
  4. I use a cupboard too. I like how the glasses looked in the picture, but for some reason I am constantly dusting in my house and the glasses would get dusty a lot. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love admiring cut crystal, wine glasses, etc. and have a collection. They sparkle so nice when clean, but I have to watch the cats. They don't mind breaking one now and then. I keep them out so I can see them, but high and closely packed to deter the cats.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking your time to comment! I will visit you as soon as I can, promise..

Stop by my other blogs:

Pragmatic Soul
Beyond Wandering
Beyond Zephyr



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Provide useful, entertaining, and educational information on a wide range of subjects.

Total Pageviews

Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP  

Pin It button on image hover