Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Water Drops on Pink Snapdragon Flowers

I love seeing water drops on flowers and things. I think it is pretty and challenging at times to try capturing the perfect water drops.

These snapdragon flowers are growing in pots along the side of my house, and when they are in blooms, they are just beautiful.

Just You and I


I really don't know which angle is best to take pictures of snapdragons, so I try to find different spots around the flowers until I get the photos that I want.



Full Bloom


There are many shades of pink in this group of snapdragons. The color ranges from light pink, almost white, to deeper pink, and at some part these flowers even have a touch of pale orange.

Refresh With a Drink of Water


This is the first year that I grow snapdragon flowers and I am happy that I did! The flowers continuously re-produce themselves throughout the summer, and giving me beautiful flowers to look at all the time.

Water Drops on Three


When I see the water drops on these snapdragon flowers, I knew it's my chance to capture them. I love the refreshing look on them.

Summer is almost over, and these photos will serve as a way to renew my spirit during the cold dark winter months.



Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape

 

12 comments:

  1. I haven't seen snap dragons for years. I recall children like to make the flower "talk" by squeezing the sides together so it looks like a mouth moving. Your flowers do look refreshing with the water droplets.

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is the first time i have actually heard and saw a snap dragon picture...thanks for sharing! i'm learning something new each day..

    yes, water drops on flowers are so refreshing to look at!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are very nice and I love how you've captured the raindrops. I wish I could grow them, but I don't think we have enough sun around our house. Glad you do!

    ReplyDelete
  4. As always, your pictures are lovely! I almost bought some snapdragons this year, but I was afraid they might go to seed to quickly and die off. I don't have the time to dead head. I'll keep them in mind for next year!

    I've given you The Lemonade Award over at my blog, http://www.StarlightBlog.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Icy, I don't often see snap dragons and I miss them, they are so different and with the water drops they are truly special. Thanks for sharing them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very lovely, I love to see water droplets on almost any flower. The best is when the sun hits the water and it sparkles.

    Your snapdragons are beautiful. I bought one this year and it turned out to be orange instead of pink.

    SQ

    ReplyDelete
  7. We have some wild snapdragons here. There are purple ones and a light pink with yellow ones. They are really pretty but I have never taken photos of them. I guess it's time to start.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You ladies are wonderful and so supportive! Thank you..

    Mary--thanks for the lemonade award!

    ReplyDelete
  9. all the shots are great yeah i like the waterdrops on flowers,too

    ReplyDelete
  10. I loved the pictures. That is amazing how you were able to take the pics with the waterdrops on them from different angles. Just amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Icy, your pictures are always amazing. I get such a lift from looking at them. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I planted snapdragons before, but the thing is, I bought them as babies -needing so much care- they did not thrive healthily. They were alive but not nice to look at, in the end we had to get rid of them. I should have bought the older ones... then they would have been much ready to be transplanted...

    You snapdragons are healthy, Icy, and the color you chose is really nice... sweet!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking your time to comment! I will visit you as soon as I can, promise..

Stop by my other blogs:

Pragmatic Soul
Beyond Wandering
Beyond Zephyr



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Provide useful, entertaining, and educational information on a wide range of subjects.

Total Pageviews

Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP  

Pin It button on image hover