Thursday, October 8, 2009

Learning New Words: Data Card

As far as technology is concerned, I am way behind time in knowledge, and I feel inadequate with my ability to keep up. I find myself learning new things every day, which explain the reason of my internet addiction.

Creative Commons--Image Credit

Many people are carrying cell phones that have internet ready, and they talk about the data card that they are using. Upon hearing the words data card, I'm pretty sure my face shows a blank dumb look! Really, I don't know what they are talking about.

Now, if my lap top didn't already come with wireless capability, I will have a hard time trying to get it to work. There are so many new technical words out there to learn every day. So today, I learn these words: data card.

If you are curious as I do, the definition for data card is, it's the size of a credit card that contains data which can be written on and retrieved later, and it is a removable computer component. It is also known as smart card.

Though the words data card are pretty self-explained, I still want to know the exact thing it does, and I want to fully understand its functions when someone mentions it.




Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape

 

5 comments:

  1. Oh, this is new ok...haven't heard of it yet too. All I knew were those memory cards used for mobile phones and for cameras as well and we can insert it to computers too. Dunno if they're the same but mem cards are way too small compared to atm cards. Hhmmm....will keep this in mind and check it out too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Never heard of this either. I learn something new everyday. Although, I got rid of my cell phone and never looked back.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I never heard of data card either. I learned something new today. :) My phone doesn't have Internet access so I wasn't familiar with it either.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am way behind the times in new technology. You taught me something new today.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking your time to comment! I will visit you as soon as I can, promise..

Stop by my other blogs:

Pragmatic Soul
Beyond Wandering
Beyond Zephyr



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Provide useful, entertaining, and educational information on a wide range of subjects.

Total Pageviews

Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP  

Pin It button on image hover