Monday, November 16, 2009

Begin Your Shopping Online

Have you begun your Christmas shopping yet? This seems to be the question that I've been asked every time I see someone. My answer is usually not yet, and I don't get into that Holiday shopping spirit at all.

First of all, I like to shop online since I can compare prices for the items I want at my finger tips. This saves me time, and fuel cost. I like the conveniences of browsing the internet to make my wish list. There are so many shops that offer free both ways shipping at this time of the year.





Secondly, I don't like driving to the malls, looking for a parking spot, and then having to wait in line forever to pay for my items. On top of this hassle, shopping with two kids is not quite ideal either.

Finally, I don't have that many people to buy presents for. My family had cut down on this endeavor for many years now, and had been doing the "white elephant" gift exchange game, where each adult brings just one present to put in the pile. Then we take turn snatching the other person's gift if it was our turn and if we like that gift.

I usually shop online for bracelet or necklace as my contribution to the game. Christmas shopping is not part of the stress for me since the internet is always open.




Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape

 

5 comments:

  1. Icy, I love your ideas - white elephant... That sounds like fun. And I hate shopping in the crowds. It reminds me too much of when I had to work retail. Trying to get through the mad house and going from store to store. The internet is much easier!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Once in awhile I like to walk around a mall but almost all of my Christmas shopping is done online.
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am with, Icy, the malls become crazy places, especially after Thanksgiving! I so much prefer Internet shopping!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have never shopped online. I always go in the store. It does seem easier to shop online since you don't have to deal with crowds.

    ReplyDelete
  5. starting with my shopping little by little, don't want to be trapped with xmas rush.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking your time to comment! I will visit you as soon as I can, promise..

Stop by my other blogs:

Pragmatic Soul
Beyond Wandering
Beyond Zephyr



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Provide useful, entertaining, and educational information on a wide range of subjects.

Total Pageviews

Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP  

Pin It button on image hover