Saturday, November 14, 2009

Images For The Second Week of November

This year I had some very strange zinnia flowers growing, and theirs heads were full of squiggle strings, but there were no petals at all.

Though they didn't have petals like others, they had their own unique look, and just as pretty as other zinnias.

Curly Z


At first, I was waiting to see if the petals were coming, but as each day went by, all I could see were these squiggle all around the flowers.



Growing Bigger


The squiggles grew longer, and less curly. I love this orange-yellow since they were very bright and cheery to see.

Fireworks


As they grew, the squiggle strings shot out all different directions like firework. It was very strange to see, but also stirred lots of curiosity from the children.

At The End


This was at the end for this zinnia! All the squiggle strings fell off and there was the big ball of seeds left.

I have no idea what happened, since last year I just cut the dried heads off, and saved them all together, then this year I just planted them. I must have crossed them somehow.




Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape

 

12 comments:

  1. It's really unusual. It looks rather like wool wrapped around a stalk, doesn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It does look like fireworks, and let's start counting down.

    Am I too early for year 2010?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Icy, it looks like yarn or something. They are colorful and fascinating. Thanks for sharing them with us.

    Take care & God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are just amazing, Icy! They almost look like something you've made rather than something that grew naturally. I wonder if you can let the seeds dry and see if you can grow more next year?

    ReplyDelete
  5. It really is rare to have zinnias like this one Icy, and you might have crossed them and a great discovery, you're the first one to have this kind of zinnia and let's name it, uhhhmmm.. icy's zinnia.

    ReplyDelete
  6. it looks like playdoh that went through the device/toy that makes hair. you know that thing...very cool flowers all the same.

    ReplyDelete
  7. They look like weird and wonderful party decorations!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome zinnia, little tendrils instead of petals. The colors are beautiful on this unusual flower, great shots Icy.
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  9. You're right ice, they must've crossed-pollinated or something. Very nice variety! It's really unique -I've never seen anything like it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh, i love these flowers Icy, I believe I have some of them but I do not know now where they are :( thanks for reminding me of their unique beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are interesting flowers, icy. I have never seen flowers like these.

    ReplyDelete
  12. wow Icy that's very unique, I've never seen that flower. You're right it looks like fireworks.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking your time to comment! I will visit you as soon as I can, promise..

Stop by my other blogs:

Pragmatic Soul
Beyond Wandering
Beyond Zephyr



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Provide useful, entertaining, and educational information on a wide range of subjects.

Total Pageviews

Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP  

Pin It button on image hover