Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Get an Estimate on Your Auto Repair for Free

One of most dreaded chores for me is taking my car in for repair. I can testify to the fact that the repair shops treated women with less respect than with men. They automatically assumed that women know nothing about car, and so they gave the run around estimates.


My car, a honda accord, is in needs of repair, and I find myself putting this off for as long as I could. I took it in to a Honda dealer once, and I came out with a list of things that my car supposed must get done. For example, they told me that I need a new battery when my car started right up even after a week of sitting in the freezing cold weather.

Creative Commons--Image Credit


Giving this experience, I really don't know if any of these repairmen are sincere or whether I should trust their recommendations to get things fixed in my car. Financially, I have to watch every penny I spent, and I can't afford to be taken for a ride.

I have been on the look out for a trusted mechanic, and searching for more information on the timing belt of my car. I called a few repair shops around my area, but many of these shops are not giving the free estimate unless I commit to their service. They all carried the attitude of "take it or leave it" motto.

Then my sister mentioned about her recent San Francisco auto repair experiences, which she found through RepairPal website. I went on the site to find an estimate for my car problem, and was very impressed. With just a few clicks, I got the cost for labor, parts, and price ranges from different shops.

This website is very helpful to me. It will give me the confident to go into the repair shop know for sure that no one can take advantage of me.




Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape

 

5 comments:

  1. Good job, Icy. I once stood behind a mechanic and overheard him say that if all his customers were women he could retire in a year!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Icy, for this resource. I've sent it to everyone I know. Another good place for auto diagnostic is the AAA Diagnostic Center. They do not do repairs there but can make referrals to AAA recommended auto repair sites.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the link. A lot of mechanics like to take people for a ride. They think they can take advantage of people and get away with it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's honestly hard to trust just any repair shops as they will try to do so much things for you to change for more work on their part. Sorry to say that but that's the reality. It's best to know what's wrong and have it repaired specifically. This is great if it can help save both your car and money.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have a good basic understanding of how my car operates and usually know what the problem is when I would take it to a shop. Makes the mechanic a little less likely to take advantage when I can point something out under the hood and say check it.

    That was a few years ago when I was single, hubby is a master mechanic working for a power company and does all of our repairs.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking your time to comment! I will visit you as soon as I can, promise..

Stop by my other blogs:

Pragmatic Soul
Beyond Wandering
Beyond Zephyr



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Provide useful, entertaining, and educational information on a wide range of subjects.

Total Pageviews

Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP  

Pin It button on image hover