Monday, December 21, 2009

Movie to Watch--The Julie/Julia Project

I haven't done the movie review for a while since I really didn't get a chance to sit and watch a full movie. It's one of those rare times that I get to see and pay attention to a movie last night.

I shut down the computer, and turned off the phone to watch "The Julie/Julia Project". I learned so many new things about Julia Child from this movie, such as how long it took her to write her cook book, she didn't have children, she married a wonderful man, and how late in her life she learned to cook.



As much as I learned about Julia Child, I also have questions about her family. Why she talked with a French accent while her family didn't, or at least in the movie. Overall, the movie was very enjoyable, and inspiring.

It proved that you could be successful in whatever you do, and no matter how late in life you began. The inspiring part for me was Julie! She started her blog, with a dead line, to accomplish something worthwhile.

Julie Powell began with a simple blog, and had a dead line of a year to cook 524 recipes in 365 days. She went through the anticipating of waiting for a comment when first began the blog, and got devoured in the pressure of posting to keep up.

Through it all, her blog was discovered by famous and big name agents. She finished her project, and the result is history.

Wouldn't it be nice for us bloggers to be recognized? So keep your dream alive! Watch the movie, I'm sure you will enjoy it.




Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape

 

11 comments:

  1. The blog part was probably very interesting. Wish you'll get discover one day. Love:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My mom and I need something to do together & I luvved julie & julia so can anyone help me out with a similar idea?

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks like such a fun movie and I didn't even know it existed. Meryl Streep sounds just like Julia Child! I hope to see this movie soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just got this movie today from Netflix and I can't wait to see it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't seen this yet but you make it sound really good. I have seen some clips of Julia Child's cooking show and they are great.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just saw your note about being spammed, it is a pain isn't it. I turned on comment moderation for post older than one day for the same reason.

    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just got the movie today to watch but my son grabbed it this evening so I'll see it tomorrow. I can't wait!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hope I will have some time over the holidays to watch a movie ot two. It's been ages.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for the review icy, never watched this but I was told it's a nice and pleasant movie to see. Maybe I should let my husband see it since it has something to do about blogging and me for the cooking (and blogging part) too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is a great review of this movie, Icy. I haven't seen it yet, but I know what to look for if I do see it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good for her. I love to see people with creativity and drive realize their dreams. Can you imagine? I would wish it for you. You certainly work hard at your blogs! How exciting to think about!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking your time to comment! I will visit you as soon as I can, promise..

Stop by my other blogs:

Pragmatic Soul
Beyond Wandering
Beyond Zephyr



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Provide useful, entertaining, and educational information on a wide range of subjects.

Total Pageviews

Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP  

Pin It button on image hover