Thursday, December 3, 2009

Online Algebra Tutoring

There is a game that called "Are You Smarter Than a Fifth Grader" or something similar to this, and every time I heard this, my mind races to Math problems. The reason for this connection is that JoJo is in fifth grade, and sometimes he comes home with Algebra word problems that skip over my head.

I have mentioned about TutorVista website to a few parents in our Elementary school, and they all find that Online algebra tutor worked best for them. They have a section devoted for fifth grade algebra tutoring on their site also.



There are many different parts on TutorVista that aim to specific grades, from K-12, and they provide Algebra help and Algebra tutoring. I am not a math wizard by any means, and I avoid taking math classes in college until my last year.

I can't imagine what my son will bring home next year for his math homework, since I can barely understand what it is now. For people who prefer to stay in the comfort of their homes without the hassle of driving, this website is an ideal place. First time user can test out the demo for free by just type in a question.



Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape

 

5 comments:

  1. Just reading about this gives me PTSD. I always hated math. And I had a younger brother who was a math genius, graduated from GA Tech...my oldest son is an electrical engineer and both my younger sons are math whizzes as well! Go figure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually like most math with the exception of Algebra. It's good to know there is help out there for parents.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am the same way, Icy. Algebra goes over my head too. I never took that in school. I got accounting instead of algebra so I am lost about it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a good help for kids and parents who are too busy working.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking your time to comment! I will visit you as soon as I can, promise..

Stop by my other blogs:

Pragmatic Soul
Beyond Wandering
Beyond Zephyr



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Provide useful, entertaining, and educational information on a wide range of subjects.

Total Pageviews

Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP  

Pin It button on image hover