Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Planter Boxes

These last few years, I love growing my herbs and flowers in containers. Since I have a small area to grow vegetables, I must resort to garden window boxes for other things. Also, a certain herb such as mint has taken over the entire area in a very short time, and it is very difficult to get rid of it. Growing in containers help keep my herbs and flowers from multiplying too fast.

Images Courtesy of windowboxplanters.com




I have window plant boxes along the driveway on one side of my house. Though these planters are not hanging from the windows, they are directly rested on the ground underneath them. These boxes seem to soften the look of the concrete and the brick wall, plus they add beautiful colors to our house as we drive up.


Images Courtesy of windowboxplanters.com

Free stand planters like the above pictures would be my preferred choices if I could afford to get them. These are wrought iron window boxes, and they would eliminate my constant back pain from bending.

Well, I am rushing into Spring already! Winter months are too long and dreary, but I know we still have a long way to go yet. Looking at planters and planning for a new garden excites me! It is something I'm looking forward to.




Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape

 

7 comments:

  1. I really like the first wrought iron one. I would love to have that on my patio.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sure, by the time weather and temperatures permit, you will have all ready for the earliest planting and flowering. It will keep you busy during these cold winter months!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Icy, I love wrought iron and those are gorgeous. Spring can come any time now; Christmas is over. lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those planter boxes are lovely, Icy! Would not mind owning one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. having some greens and flowers in or out the house is very nice, not only it beautifies the place it also gives a homey feel =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Planter boxes are so charming and so European as well. Very colorful and quaint, Icy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. These planter boxes are really nice. My mother and grandmother could use these with their plants.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking your time to comment! I will visit you as soon as I can, promise..

Stop by my other blogs:

Pragmatic Soul
Beyond Wandering
Beyond Zephyr



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Provide useful, entertaining, and educational information on a wide range of subjects.

Total Pageviews

Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP  

Pin It button on image hover