Sunday, December 13, 2009

Leaf and Tree Trunks

Ok, I confess that on a nice sunny day, I purposely created these shadows while raking the leaves. At first, I spotted the shadows by accident when I lifted the rake to pull the leaves, and then I thought why not take a few pictures of this.




I got my camera on one hand, and held the rake up with the other to create opportunity! Voila, these two photos were the result of a mad woman who constantly searches for shadows!


I managed to get half of the backyard leaves bagged and finished! I was like a kid, distracted easily when it comes to pictures. As I moved further back in the yard, I was awestruck by the shining leaf you see below.


The shadow on the leaf was all natural! I didn't re-arrange it in any way or set it up by any mean.




Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape

 

14 comments:

  1. It's a good thing you start with a confession on a Sunday morning ;-)
    The leaf shot is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How delightful ;-)
    I love the creative shadows you created and captured!
    Hugs and blessings,
    My Shadow Shots

    ReplyDelete
  3. Creative what you did with the rake. The tree trunks look like legs wearing striped socks. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Icy, be careful or you may be called the mad photographer. :-) But you will not be in a club by yourself. Cool pics. Our city has stopped picking up leaves - no funds. They have asked us not to place them curb side.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both shots are great. And like Judy said, if you are called the mad photographer, you will not be alone in the club. Sometimes nature or light create the photo with a little bit of help from us.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haha, we are all mad women photographers!! The shadow shot of the leaf is very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think we all need to be mad about something. If you are chasing shadows, that is pretty harmless, isn't it? Go for it, girl!!! Your pictures are fantastic - and you did get the leaves raked!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. From one mad shadow searching woman to another, those are great shots! I like the staged ones and the natural one!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's really funny. It must have been something seeing you - rake in one hand, camera in the other. The tree trunks look like an elephant's trunk.

    ReplyDelete
  10. These shadow shots are terrific. You always get great shots.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That's bright idea, you came up with such interesting shadow patterns!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That could be your new name Icy, the mad shadow :) The shots, fantastic and the leaf exceptional.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking your time to comment! I will visit you as soon as I can, promise..

Stop by my other blogs:

Pragmatic Soul
Beyond Wandering
Beyond Zephyr



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Provide useful, entertaining, and educational information on a wide range of subjects.

Total Pageviews

Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP  

Pin It button on image hover