Saturday, January 30, 2010

Trees On the Ground

If you are constantly taking pictures, chances are that you would forget where you've stored them or what you've taken. That is my case! Well, as you know I'm a Michigan dweller and the winter is here. We go for days with just gray sky and no sun.

I found these pictures in my archives from the fall.


Tracy at Hey Harriet, the hostess of Shadow Shot Sunday knew that she would get many people hooked in this very rewarding theme.

I feel like a chipmunk sometimes, trying to stock up on shadow pictures just in case the weather turns bad, and I am glad I did when the opportunity presence.


I love the dark color of the tree shadow on the ground full of leaves. Now, a year or so I would have missed seeing this as a beautiful view. Looking for shadows keep me aware of light and shade, colors and directions.


If you have a camera, grab it, and take some pictures! What our human eyes see some time is different than what the camera sees, and vice versa.

Visit Hey Harriet to see more entries!





Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape

 

11 comments:

  1. Lovely, crisp shadow shots! Love that sunshine!! Hope you're having a lovely weekend!

    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  2. These shots are really good. Thanks for sharing. We had some sun yesterday, but it was cloudy today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love these shadow shots of the trees. It's funny because when I looked at yours I remembered I took some tree shadow photos this fall. I had forgotten all about them.

    I especially like the first one, it is so pretty and very special.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The sun shines infrequently nowadays so catching shadows is not always easy. You have captured some really nice ones. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. so true, Icy. grab the moment, seize the day, with our camera :) I did today too, right after leaving the classroom :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haha! I'm a chipmunk too! Stocking up on shadow shots for rainy days. And forgetting where I put them! Love these ones from your archives!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Delightful spindly shadows! Almost like a huge spider web!

    ReplyDelete
  8. such crisp shadows, icy! and so true, one should stock up for rainy days..i should bare that in mine.

    though it is sunny this part, i wouldn't dare to go out have a walk... it is -3!!!

    your photos brings a bit of warmth!

    eng/salitype

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this series of shots! Nice attention to detail:) Happy SSS! Christine :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's always good to have a camera in hand icy. You never know what opportunity may arise.

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are pretty cool. They almost look like paintings. Very nice.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking your time to comment! I will visit you as soon as I can, promise..

Stop by my other blogs:

Pragmatic Soul
Beyond Wandering
Beyond Zephyr



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Provide useful, entertaining, and educational information on a wide range of subjects.

Total Pageviews

Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP  

Pin It button on image hover