Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Bad Day to Have a Dead Battery

This week has been quite a challenge for me. First off, on Monday we got about 6-8 inches of snow, and JoJo had a day off from school. In fact, according to the news there were more than 300 schools closing across the State.

However, my nephew, Roco is in private school, and he has no day off. I went to pick him up in plenty of time, and made sure to count in the un-expected problem on the road. JoJo and I got to the school and waited. When it was time to go retrieving Roco, I turned off the car, and that was it! My car went dead!

Creative Commons-Photo Source

I called AAA for a jump, bought a battery, and had it installed. The technician did the oil change as I requested, and gave my car a thorough diagnosis to see if there were any other problems. He then suggested that I should get a brake job done.

Well if that wasn't enough to make a bad day, I also got stuck in the snow bank when driving out of the parking lot! A kind man who drove a blue Chevrolet Silverado came to our rescue. I went home and got on repairpal.com to look for an estimate on the break job that I have to consider. For those that live in Dallas, you can check out Dallas auto repair if you ever have to price for a service.




Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape

 

4 comments:

  1. Icy, so your car is up and running but your lap top isn't? Sorry! Hope things get better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Talk about a bad day, glad you got home safely.

    Be sure to get a second opinion on that brake job, you may or may not need it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds like a horrible way to spend the day. That's great that someone did help you out though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Goodness, Icy, you certainly had an eventful, and, certainly, stressful, day! Sounds like you kept your cool and got it all resolved. Kudos to you!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking your time to comment! I will visit you as soon as I can, promise..

Stop by my other blogs:

Pragmatic Soul
Beyond Wandering
Beyond Zephyr



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Provide useful, entertaining, and educational information on a wide range of subjects.

Total Pageviews

Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP  

Pin It button on image hover