Monday, February 15, 2010

How To Make a Snowman With an Old Sock

My son came home from school with this cute sock snowman below, and told me to make a post about it. I promised him that I would, and that was about three weeks ago.

Today, I made good with my promise and post this idea and tips from JoJo.


Gather Your Materials

  • One good long white sock (you know, from the pile of mismatched socks bin), turn it inside out
  • 2 google eyes
  • A piece of blue ribbon or any color that you like
  • Sparkle glue in blue color, or colored marker
  • Sparkle glue in orange color
  • A rubber band
  • A black marker
  • Rice



Put Your Snowman Together
  • Fill the rice up to the heel of the sock
  • Fold the cuff down to make the top hat
  • Tie it off with a rubber band
  • Tie with the blue ribbon to form the bottom body


Decorate Your Snowman
  • Use the blue sparkle glue to make the buttons on the snowman's body, by hold it down for a few second to create a large dot.
  • Use the black marker to draw a smile on his face
  • Use the orange sparkle glue to make the nose
  • Glue on the google eyes
  • Personalize with your child's name if you want to
I hope you enjoy today easy and fun project from JoJo. Have fun and have a great Monday!

Check out other entries at Smiling Sally blog!





Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape

 

19 comments:

  1. Great post, looks like a fun project! Now I can make my own snowman in the desert. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad you shard your son's snow man. It looks very nice with his blue scarf. I have to occasionally show off my great grandson and his work. Nothing better than the work and love of a child.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to make this with Ms Trinity, it looks like so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Icy, that is absolutely adorable and seems easy enough to create. You can open your own Artfire shop and sell these. I'd buy one, I love snowmen. So cute.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute little sock snowman. Happy blue monday.
    Ann
    Tin and sparkle

    ReplyDelete
  6. The snow man is cute and something which can easily be made. Thanks to JoJO :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great project for those in places where snow doesn't happen! It is so cute. I know a friend who would love it for her class so I'll be passing it along.

    ReplyDelete
  8. very cute snowman, Icy, was this Jojo's project? i am glad he asked you to make a post about it, looks fun making it

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this, thanks for sharing . I think I will make some with my granddaughters.
    Happy Blue Monday !
    Blessings,
    ~Myrna

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so cute. I told you Joey will have his own blog one day. He's a contributor now.

    ReplyDelete
  11. OHHH! that is so cute. i will show this to ysabelle( my 7 year old) and i just know she will ask me to buy stuff to make one...thanks for sharing this,ivy. school is on break for a week, this is one good thing to do to keep her occupied...lol!

    eng

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's fantastic! I love it. I'll copy it for my Sunday school class.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awesome. This is a nice project for recycling and fun to do with kids. I might borrow this for my kids for my before and after care program. thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  14. JoJo said thank you to everyone for your comment and support.

    Betchai,

    Yes, it was JoJo's project!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a cute idea and so easy to make. Thanks JoJo for this adorable little snowman.

    ReplyDelete
  16. This snowman is so cute. JoJo did a great job on it. I don't even know how to make a snowman with snow. LOL!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking your time to comment! I will visit you as soon as I can, promise..

Stop by my other blogs:

Pragmatic Soul
Beyond Wandering
Beyond Zephyr



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Provide useful, entertaining, and educational information on a wide range of subjects.

Total Pageviews

Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP  

Pin It button on image hover