Sunday, February 14, 2010

Gates

I have some shadows of gates on Belle Isle Island, near and around the Conservatory. The shadows were crisp on a sunny day when I was there.


It is impossible to walk by when I saw this shadow without taking pictures. The gate's shadow merged into one with the fence behind it.


On this side of the fence, I didn't see the gate's shadow anymore. It seemed to disappear into the fence, and leaving me puzzled.


Turning to my left, the other half of the gate's shadow was so clear on the concrete, even with a stain on it, the shadow was still wonderful.


I like the general look in this picture. It showed a beautiful clear blue sky in the background, and winter trees. As you can see, there were not many visitors to the Conservatory on that day either, which was great for me to take time and be as weird as I could be.

Visit Hey Harriet to see more entries!






Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape

 

10 comments:

  1. Love the gate shadows. Looks like an angel harp in heaven.

    My absolutely fav this week-end.

    Happy SS & Happy heart's Day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gates shadows are wonderful. Love the geometric shapes that are created.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful shadows of the gate, I was also thinking of a harp when I saw it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely shadows..so glad it isn't overcast there on this Valentine's weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You know I was thinking of a harp too! And if you are weird, so am I.

    Take care & God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a great collection of gate shadows! I always appreciate going to places where there are not many people around for the same reason. Easier to be weird when nobody is watching :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. It seems I'm not the only one who was thinking about a harp when looking at the photos. Great shots Icy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Icy, love these and the third and fourth ones look like harps, so cool. Great shots.

    ReplyDelete
  9. These gate shadows are really nice. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking your time to comment! I will visit you as soon as I can, promise..

Stop by my other blogs:

Pragmatic Soul
Beyond Wandering
Beyond Zephyr



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Provide useful, entertaining, and educational information on a wide range of subjects.

Total Pageviews

Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP  

Pin It button on image hover