Sunday, February 28, 2010

Raking Up Night Exposures

These shadows came to me one night when we got home late. I haven't taken any pictures at night before, and none of them turned out decent anyway, but I couldn't stop myself from trying to capture these shadows.


About one hundred shots later, I ended up with these three photos. They are dark, and they are night shots. Tracy, can you see what you're doing to me? I even chased shadows at night! How is that for a nut case?


I remember when I was younger; I played with my own shadows! Now, I'm an old woman playing with whatever shadows I could find. This was the shadow of my rake that was left in the corner of our driveway.


I haven't figured out how to take night pictures yet even though I have night shot mode on my camera. I tried it, but it didn't work out as I had hope.

Visit Hey Harriet to see more entries!






Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape

 

14 comments:

  1. I played with my shadows when I was young too.

    I played with the shadows of my hands. It can be a cat, a butterfly or anything.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow, another creative take, Icy! So cool! I'd like to try those one of these days! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What? 100 shots? Can you change the ISO to higher?

    Great angles!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think you got some terrific shadow shots regardless of the time!! I'm still trying to learn how to use the night shot feature on my camera, too. But so far I haven't been successful, but I'll keep trying! Have a great day!

    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  5. Isn't it amazing how shadows can make such interesting images? Thanks for sharing once again.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful patterns of light and dark, my favorite is the last one. I like the post title too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think your pics look great! I really do enjoy your shadow pics.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hehe...if you're a nut case then so am I :) I'm not very good at night shots but it's fun just experimenting. Yours turned out just fine I think!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I used to love to play with my shadow too. I think your shots t urned out well. Taking pictures at night is not easy.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the shadows created by the rake. The middle one almost looks like a mirror image. For someone who doesn't take night shots you did very well.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you ladies for words of encouragement!

    Ebie--With higher ISO, the pictures turned out very grainy!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love it Icy, I never even think of shadows during the day so at night they wouldn't even come to me. I don't like the shadows of myself because they are always too fat :D

    ReplyDelete
  13. I know this obsession! I love chasing shadows!
    I like the rake shadows - night shots are difficult.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking your time to comment! I will visit you as soon as I can, promise..

Stop by my other blogs:

Pragmatic Soul
Beyond Wandering
Beyond Zephyr



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Provide useful, entertaining, and educational information on a wide range of subjects.

Total Pageviews

Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP  

Pin It button on image hover