Saturday, February 6, 2010

Trees By the Water

These are the last two pictures of my tree shadows series. These ones were closer to the water. Since joining shadow shot, I'm more aware of the simple beauty that I see. Tree shadow to me, before, was just shade to hide from the burning direct sun.


These two shadows of branches came together in an embrace, and looked like they were dancing. You just got to be there when the wind kicked up, and the branches moved about. They were really in a dance.


We spent the day by the water on a photo shoot. We had our picnic here, but was forced to seek shelter inside our car. The seagulls, ducks, and geese came over as uninvited guests.

Visit Hey Harriet to see more entries!





Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape

 

14 comments:

  1. Fantastic captures! I love them! Can see them dancing in the wind! Isn't it fun to be able to catch ones like this? Hope you're having a great weekend!

    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's nice to get out for a photo shoot, especially with an understanding companion. Nice shadows.

    ReplyDelete
  3. these tree shadows create such a tranquil scene...lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice shots! I used to hang out by the pond near my workplace a lot during summer and like you I enjoy taking photos too and yes, picnic. And those wild geese were awesome but I rather want them swimming in the pond than sharing my meal too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How joyous to see tree shadows dancing! These are lovely photos & I really like those cool borders you add to them! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice perfect tree shadows in grass...imagine that, GRASS! It seems everyone has ground of white with grass just a slight memory. What a nice place to spend some quality time with your camera!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes, I am constantly amazed at how a simple shadow will stop me dead in my tracks, here in Iowa...and my mother in Florida is always telling me how she saw the perfect shadow shot...our eyes are just a little bit more aware these days, of the beautiful landscape around us!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful shadows with an equally beautiful view. The area looks so peaceful and serene.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful shadows. I would have loved to watch the dance. The sea gulls and ducks just wanted to watch and have a little refreshment during the show. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful shadows, Icy BC! Thanks for visiting my post! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking your time to comment! I will visit you as soon as I can, promise..

Stop by my other blogs:

Pragmatic Soul
Beyond Wandering
Beyond Zephyr



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Provide useful, entertaining, and educational information on a wide range of subjects.

Total Pageviews

Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP  

Pin It button on image hover