Thursday, February 11, 2010

Two Tones Gerbera Daisy

Having to shovel snow for the last two days, my shoulders and arms felt like noodles. Yes, JoJo helped for about five minutes, then on with building his igloo, and had a snow balls fight with his neighbor friends.

I really didn't expect much from a child, after all school closed so the kids needed to have their fun in the snow.


I like the angle in this beautiful two tones gerbera daisy, white and pink, but the image was a bit blurry. So here I go, adding effects to it, and I love how it turns out.


This is the real McCoy! It is absolute very pretty with the two colors combined. I love gerbera daisy, but I can't grow them. I tried, but then ending up killing them all last summer.


I play around with colors in this photo above. I'm trying to learn a bit of Photoshop here and there, but I get frustrated easily, so I decide to just have fun with this picture.

Have a great day




Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape

 

7 comments:

  1. I thought Gerbera daisies were supposed to be very hardy, Icy!! At any rate, the photo is lovely!

    So sorry you have been blasted with all this snow. Sounds like you need a good massage to help with the aches and pains from shoveling!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Icy they are gorgeous and I love the fabric effect on the first one. Just beautiful. My namesake is having alot of fun playing and building igloos - that's so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Icy, I hope you get the chance for a wonderful warm soak - Calgon take me away kind.

    Your flowers are beautiful before and after!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The first picture is wonderful. I had a gerbera growing in our garden the past two summers. Not sure what exactly I did right for it to remain alive. It seems to die off in winter but then comes back but, of course, we do not get snow here.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved the effect you got with the first picture. I haven't done much with photo editing though I keep promising myself that I'll try and learn how to do it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know how you feel about the snow. We got quite a bit in NJ. I had to shovel twice the day it snowed and then went out again the next day. BTW, I love the pics. They are really good.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, the first photo almost looks like a painting. I love the effect. I had one gerbera this year and I think I will look for more this spring. They are gorgeous flowers.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking your time to comment! I will visit you as soon as I can, promise..

Stop by my other blogs:

Pragmatic Soul
Beyond Wandering
Beyond Zephyr



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Provide useful, entertaining, and educational information on a wide range of subjects.

Total Pageviews

Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP  

Pin It button on image hover