Friday, March 26, 2010

Fuzzy Red Flowers

These flowers were from my last summer collection, but they got lost in my archive. Many stores and local nurseries are ready to display their flowers for the early pickers, and I want to be one of them.


This flower is on my list to re-grow for the summer, since I like the fact that it has continuous blooms throughout the warm months.


Although these flowers have no petals and are different from what we normally see, I like the silky look on them. They also can tolerate direct afternoon sun.


To keep these flowers healthy and blooming, I add used coffee ground as fertilizer before re-planting them in the pot, and water them either early in the morning, or late in the evening.


Are you ready to plant your flowers? After a long winter, I think I'm more than ready to get my hands in the dirt.

Join other entries at Photo Story Friday, and Give Me Your Best Shot!

PhotoStory Friday Give me your best shot at Better in Bulk
Hosted by Cecily and Lolli






Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape

 

16 comments:

  1. They're beautiful! I love how different they are from pansies and marigolds. Every spring I get so excited about the prospect of planting, but I am really SO bad at it! I wish I had a greener thumb.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What amazing shots! I love the colors of those super-red flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like those fuzzy red flowers and the leaves too. I'm going to try growing some flowers from seed this year. I just have to remember to water them enough.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What beautiful flower shots! I'm a flower "shooter" myself. Love doing it. Love getting right in there for them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow. They are red. I have to get ready to start thinking about the garden this year. I love pretty flowers : )

    ReplyDelete
  6. beautiful shots. the color is fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Are they astilbe? I didn't know you could use coffee grounds directly as fertiliser.

    ReplyDelete
  8. They look like Astilbes. Are they? I love astilbe.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Icy, you know I've seen these in person but your photos are better than the real ones :) Amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful, I love the vibrant color of the bloom. Celosia I think?

    I can hardly wait to get my planters filled but it's still very cool here at night.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You have some beautiful shots there! The colours are magnificent.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh I miss home! We have this kind of plant back home and they instantly brings back happy memories. thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great shots, love these pics and plants.

    ReplyDelete
  14. beautiful Icy, I see them a lot here, but I do not know the name :(

    ReplyDelete
  15. They are very different and nice to see around for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  16. The pics are really beautiful. I love the shade of these flowers. They look like they might be pink too. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking your time to comment! I will visit you as soon as I can, promise..

Stop by my other blogs:

Pragmatic Soul
Beyond Wandering
Beyond Zephyr



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Provide useful, entertaining, and educational information on a wide range of subjects.

Total Pageviews

Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP  

Pin It button on image hover