Monday, March 1, 2010

Pretty Blue Plate

I confessed my obsession with Thrift Stores to you a few weeks ago when I found the Blue Sugar Jar at a cheap price. It was such an exciting rush, and now my nephew Roco even mentioned the treasures that we had found there.


Ok, today is not a show and tell day, but this plate was blue, for Blue Monday, and had a bit of yellow for Mellow Yellow. So why not just show and tell anyway?


Can you guess how much I paid for this beautiful salad plate? Roco and I love this blue color, and the flower design on this plate. We couldn't pass it up! Well, did you give up on guessing? It was 50 cents, and when we got home Roco asked me, "Will you serve me lunch on that beautiful blue plate?"

So the fifty cents was well spent, and the joy on a kid's face was worth it!

Check out other Blue entries at Smiling Sally blog!



Have a look at Yellow entries below!

MellowYellowBadge




Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape

 

20 comments:

  1. You did a great job finding those ble plates at a Thrift store. I never seem to be so lucky.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's easy enough to make him happy. Happy Blue Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a yellow and a green plate to match your blue one. I love the cheerfulness of the plates.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome. I miss shopping in thrifty shops too ;-( Roco is so smart to be asking that!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like those thrifty purchases. My kinda shopping.
    Ann

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's a very pretty blue plate.. Happy Blue Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Marvelous find, I love the color and design! I have always enjoyed treasure hunting at thrift stores.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is a very beautiful, intense blue!

    Thanks for your visit to my Blue Monday post and your nice comment. I'm tickled that you like my turkey vulture header shot! =)

    I like your header, too; it's mesmerizing.

    Happy Blue Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Like a blue plate special, only that plate is very special!
    ♥, Susan

    ReplyDelete
  10. Don't you just love going to Thrift Shops??? The thrill of the Hunt!
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  11. My name is Irene and I too am an addict of thrift stores. Happy Mellow Yellow Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love thrift store shopping, too and this is just a great bargain!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your plate and love your bargain hunting. I remember when mine were so easy to please. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. You got a fantastic bargain Icy, a beautiful blue plate and a little boy's smile for fifty cents. That is a great color of blue.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Definitely a treasure I would've liked to snap up. The design in the middle is pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  16. that is beautiful...its a shame to eat on that plate....lol! and 50 cents, what a find!

    have a happy tuesday, icy!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love the colors on this plate and only 50 cents? I need to come out there and do some shopping.

    ReplyDelete
  18. That's great that you didn't spend that much for your plate. Thrift stores are great places to save money.

    ReplyDelete
  19. hi icy, that's a pretty plate!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking your time to comment! I will visit you as soon as I can, promise..

Stop by my other blogs:

Pragmatic Soul
Beyond Wandering
Beyond Zephyr



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Provide useful, entertaining, and educational information on a wide range of subjects.

Total Pageviews

Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP  

Pin It button on image hover