Friday, April 16, 2010

Burgundy Magnolia


Around my neighborhood, there are beautiful pink magnolias, but down the road a little, I saw this small burgundy magnolia, and they are just gorgeous. This tree is only about 5 feet tall, but full of buds.



I went to Home Depot and saw this burgundy magnolia on the sidewalk, for sale. The color is deep and beautiful, and unusual. I had no place to plant this tree in our yard, so I just had to take some pictures for memory.


As the outer leaves fall off, it shows deeper pink petals. Now this one bud looks very much like the pink magnolia by my house, but I think it is just ready to bloom.


I wonder what the color of the petals would be once it's bloomed. I will go back for another look if I can. Things are crazy around here lately!

See other entries at You Capture-Fresh, Photo Story Friday, and Give Me Your Best Shot!





Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape

 

18 comments:

  1. I so love the color of this Magnolia. Any shade of pink or hot pink... or super hot to burning burgundy like this... I am so into it. And what makes it more amazing to me... I am also into budding. I love the flowers in it's first stage. I love the suspense... and the anticipation of how it will come out... even if I already have the idea. lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those pictures are absolutely gorgeous!! I can't wait to see the pictures after it opens up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had no idea magnolia flowers also came in burgundy. Those buds are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i absolutely love magnolia's. mine are more purple but it has been too cold for them to start blooming yet. great pictures

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow. Absolutely gorgeous. The colour is so vibrant.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow. You have a lot of flowers. They are gorgeous : ) so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That color is fantastic!! Can't wait to see how it looks completely bloomed!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Now that is beautiful. What an amazing color!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'll be looking forward to seeing them when they are all the way opened!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you everyone for your support. I'm curious just at how the flowers will look too, but it might not be there anymore. The weather is very strange here, very strong wind.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Icy, you're right the wind has been very strong the last couple of days, blowing the petals of the trees. It makes it a challenge to take a picture, but we are out there trying. I hope you can get another pic of this magnolia later. These are very nice. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Simply beautiful! Too bad you couldn't taken it home to enjoy for days, week and years to come.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love that you took pictures of the burgundy magnolia BEFORE it had bloomed. Sometimes I miss the beauty of the process.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Just beautiful...isn't it a shame when there's no more room in your yard to plant something?

    ReplyDelete
  15. Icy, the details in these photos are fantastic. The burgundies are gorgeous as well. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  16. What GORGEOUS pictures! I love how you can see it opening up. Nature never ceases to amaze me!
    Lindsey

    ReplyDelete
  17. Those are beautiful blooms, the color is so deep. I hope you have a chance to go back to see what color the bloom is.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking your time to comment! I will visit you as soon as I can, promise..

Stop by my other blogs:

Pragmatic Soul
Beyond Wandering
Beyond Zephyr



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Provide useful, entertaining, and educational information on a wide range of subjects.

Total Pageviews

Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP  

Pin It button on image hover