Thursday, April 1, 2010

First Flower of Summer

I saw these beautiful little lavender flowers growing in our yard among the dead brown leaves. It was light purple, but since the color was very light, the flowers looked almost blue-ish.


I really don't know what it was, but it was the first flower of this summer. The boys and I were both excited, and surprised to see this flower trying to push through the dried brown leaves.


After a couple of days of rain and cold, the flowers were pretty beaten, and lost their color a little, but I was lucky to get a few pictures before they were destroyed.


Those days were cold enough to leave some frosting on these flowers' petals early in the morning. We don't have any other growing just yet in our garden and I am waiting for the local nurseries to bring in their flowers.

Hopefully we will get to see some colors soon around here!

PhotoStory Friday Give me your best shot at Better in Bulk





Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape

 

18 comments:

  1. the frost on the flowers look very pretty, but sadly the beauty does not describe the bloom of the flower for the coldness could depress the flowers and like what you said, get beaten by the cold :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wonder what these lovely flowers are, Icy? You didn't have them planted last year?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty little splotches of color you found.... too bad they were so fleeting. At least you're seeing some color. We had snow today.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh those are some beautiful shots! Seeing those among some brown leaves would make me super happy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh those are some beautiful shots! Seeing those among some brown leaves would make me super happy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's extremely rare to find blue flowers out at this time of year.
    Blue flowers feed off sunshine, hence they only come out in the late spring-early summer. This was a lucky find and it's beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. the frost is beautiful. nice shots.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow. Just gorgeous. And I LOVE the frost. Pretty as can be! Welcome Spring!

    ReplyDelete
  9. THose flowers look like Periwinkle, but they don't blossom this early, do they? At least not in southern Ontario. Where are you?

    I liked your blog. I will visit again. Come see me on Steadfasdt. Let's be friends.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your first flower is a beauty! It must be nice to see some color after that long winter :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. i can't get enough of flowers right now...ours are battling to stay out too with all the heavy rain we've been having.

    Happy Easter.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What beautiful flowers! I had something similar happen last year with purple flowers (totally different ones, though). Lovely@

    ReplyDelete
  13. I LOVE that color!!!! the shots with a little bit of frost are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  14. poor lovely flowers... so beautiful yet tormented by frost bite. the photo looks pretty though.

    ReplyDelete
  15. The little Periwinkle is always the first to add color to a big planter I have in my backyard. Love the first shot in the sunshine.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I think they are creeping myrtle. I'm posting some I took at my daughter's Sunday in my WW. Let me know what you think.

    Love, sis

    ReplyDelete
  17. How beautiful! Can you believe that summer is practically around the corner?

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm sorry about that. I hit enter by mistake before I put my name at the end so I posted my comments again.
    =================================
    How beautiful! Can you believe that summer is practically around the corner?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking your time to comment! I will visit you as soon as I can, promise..

Stop by my other blogs:

Pragmatic Soul
Beyond Wandering
Beyond Zephyr



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Provide useful, entertaining, and educational information on a wide range of subjects.

Total Pageviews

Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP  

Pin It button on image hover