Friday, April 30, 2010

In the Field of Phlox


Tulips and daffodils blooms are the sign of spring for me around my home, but seeing a sea of flowers at local nurseries really finalized the weather.

I have been visiting one nursery after another just to soak in the glorious colors of flowers, and looking at beautiful blooming trees. I find a deep fulfillment of happiness and totally letting go of troubles in my mind when I am too busy admiring the wonder of the world.


When I spotted this large group of Phlox, my heart skipped a beat to see how very pretty they were. It was very windy that day, and I was having a cough! Combining these two together, my pictures didn't turn out well, so that is my excuse for this week.

Have a great weekend everyone!

See other entries at You Capture-Spring, Photo Story Friday, and Give Me Your Best Shot!

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape

 

14 comments:

  1. Oh how pretty. I did not know those flowers were phlox.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are very pretty. Not much color round here yet....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel the same way too when I see blooms. Flowers really make me happy. I enjoy visiting nurseries too and I was like a little child in a candy store.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i can understand how hard is it to take pictures with cough Icy, I was like that a few weeks ago, it was no fun at all. but your picture still turned beautiful, and am glad not even the coughing could stop you from enjoying the blooms. hope you feel a lot better now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The pictures look fabulous, cough or no cough!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have some white ones in my garden. They come out in late summer. Fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  7. They really are gorgeous!! I love the color and the unique shape.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your photos. Very colorful. I'm now following you. See what you think of my spring shots. http://www.boomerpie.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. I agree, it's so pretty =)

    ReplyDelete
  10. One of the first colors I see each spring are the Phlox in a backyard planter. I understand about the wind and having a cough, but your shots turned out great.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The flowers are so beautiful. I have never heard of phlox, but they really are beautiful. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a pretty flower. I tried to grow some from seed, but it is too hot for them. My garden in UK had many, they are pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm glad your cough is better. You certainly didn't let it stop you. Your pics are great.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking your time to comment! I will visit you as soon as I can, promise..

Stop by my other blogs:

Pragmatic Soul
Beyond Wandering
Beyond Zephyr



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Provide useful, entertaining, and educational information on a wide range of subjects.

Total Pageviews

Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP  

Pin It button on image hover