Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Movie Review: The Lovely Bones

The most recent movie that I've a chance to see is The Lovely Bones. Well, you know the movie trailer really gets to me. I thought there was more to the movie than what I've seen. I was disappointed to say the least.

My heart ached for Susy Salmon, who was murdered at the age of 14, and was caught in the afterlife. Her murderer was never found. Actually, he was discovered by Susy's little sister, but he got away, and was never prosecuted for killing many other girls either!


I mean, it was not a thousand years ago or anything. The time period in this movie should give the detectives or officials enough tools or to find the killer. The movie showed the deterioration in Susy's parents' relationship, and how Susy tried to fit in her new world.

She couldn't go forward, and she couldn't go backward either! However, she realized that she should let her father go for fear that he would be hurt by trying to find her killer. Despite this little hint on the father's obsession, nothing came out of it either.



At the end, Susy got to kiss her first love, her family moved on, the killer was about to make another kill when he got struck by an icicle.

I would have love to see the killer caught and prosecuted or something to compensate for the time the father spent in finding his daughter's killer. He got off too easily! As for Susy, she got the kiss and happily moved on to another life.

Have anyone seen this movie? If you did, let me know your view!

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape

 

5 comments:

  1. I have not seen it. The last movie I watched was The Bucket List on DVD and that has been out for quite a while.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've only seen the trailers so far and the storyline sounds interesting. I will probably rent it sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I would really like to see the movie. It's not on video yet is it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so bad about finding the time to watch a movie in it's entirety.

    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. seems like a good movie, thabks for sharing icy

    goodnight!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking your time to comment! I will visit you as soon as I can, promise..

Stop by my other blogs:

Pragmatic Soul
Beyond Wandering
Beyond Zephyr



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Provide useful, entertaining, and educational information on a wide range of subjects.

Total Pageviews

Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP  

Pin It button on image hover