Friday, April 9, 2010

My Garden Are in Planters

As my love for gardening grows, I find that I need more space to grow the flowers that I love, but space is limited in my yard so I resorted to fiberglass planter, which work out just fine with me. I grow rather fond of planters since they keep the roots contained, and I cut down on weeding chores.



Fiber glass planters come in many different styles, colors, and sizes. The prices are also varied depending on the type of planter you want. Living in Michigan, I can easily move my smaller fiber glass planter inside the garage if my flowers or herbs call for it.



We have a long one-car driveway, and an overhang roof, which made it perfect for housing my fiberglass planters from the weather. I love looking at different planters when I'm out shopping at Thrift stores, but they don't have many that I could use. My plan is to line up my driveway with planters, and grow flowers, and herbs.

So far this year, I have common chive, garlic chive, sweet basil, lemon basil, spicy basil, zinnias, pansies, snapdragons, and marigolds. They are all trying to push up through the dirt now, but the weather turns so cold these last two days. I hope they will survive!

Photo Images Courtesy of eplanters.com




Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape

 

5 comments:

  1. Since I have no "yardage" to speak of - we container garden too! Love the first one - I need to be on the look out for one of those.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fiberglass, that is interesting and they have that worn, wooden look which is perfect for the garden.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great looking garden. I bet that the flowers are going to be really beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. we can also use planters only because we are at the second floor

    ReplyDelete
  5. Icy, how clever. They will be very pretty and versatile.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking your time to comment! I will visit you as soon as I can, promise..

Stop by my other blogs:

Pragmatic Soul
Beyond Wandering
Beyond Zephyr



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Provide useful, entertaining, and educational information on a wide range of subjects.

Total Pageviews

Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP  

Pin It button on image hover