Monday, May 24, 2010

Blue-Eyed Daisy in Full Bloom




This is a continuing post from last week, Blue-Eyed Daisy. I'm showing you these beautiful flowers in full bloom, and a bit of crazy fascination with the heart of these flowers. I don't know why, but unusual things attracted me.


Not only the heart of the flower is blue, it also has a bit of purple around them. I love purple, that could be the reason. Since I can't grow many flowers in my garden, I really enjoy visiting different local nurseries.


Can you see the ring of purple around the center on each petal? I love that part! It was like ink leaking out onto the white petals of the flower.

Visit other entries at Blue Monday!

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape

 

13 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! You are right. They are magnificent.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Unusual and beautiful. Happy Blue Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't image more beautiful daisies than these with golden orange spots on blue centers and purple color radiating out onto the white petals. Breathtaking!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful white daisies! Great photos!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love them too and fascinated by them, seeing their thickness warms up and brightens my day

    ReplyDelete
  6. Truly amazing. They are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Have not seen one. It really is blue, how fascinating! You took such a lovely photo of it! Good capture, Icy! I miss you guys so much! I hope to be back in full force (blogging) as soon as school is over. :) *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yeah you are right... the blue tint is leaking out. great shot.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooohh.. :) That purple IS gorgeous! I don't think I've ever seen that before...that, or I didn't take the time to look carefully! Thanks for featuring such a pretty picture!

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have never seen a blue-eyed daisy before. It's lovely and so are you photos. Very enjoyable, thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Spectacular, Icy. You are right it does look like ink around the heart of the flower. Plus, the white and blue contrast lend to the overall beauty. Love these.

    ReplyDelete
  12. These are really beautiful. I have never seen daisies like these either.

    ReplyDelete
  13. It does look like ink leaking out. They are beautiful, I have never seen a daisy with this color in the center. You are seeing some great shots at the nurseries Icy and we are enjoying your finds.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking your time to comment! I will visit you as soon as I can, promise..

Stop by my other blogs:

Pragmatic Soul
Beyond Wandering
Beyond Zephyr



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Provide useful, entertaining, and educational information on a wide range of subjects.

Total Pageviews

Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP  

Pin It button on image hover