Monday, May 17, 2010

Blue-Eyed Daisy


These are the buds of the beautiful Blue-eyes daisies. Although they have the color of light lavender, they will open up to gorgeous white flowers. You can easily spot this flower at almost every store.


I love, love, love the blue center of this daisy! They are like a cluster of tiny dots all glued together, and a touch of purple just highlights on the bottom of each petal too.

The Blue-eyed daisy comes in white, pink, red, and purple. They are excellent for growing in containers, in the border, and in dry area. Blue-eyed daisy loves full sun, drought tolerant, and well drained soils.


Here is a close-up shot of this beautiful Blue-Eyed daisy. It is known for its quick blooming, and relative easy to grow from seeds. They can grow up from 12-18 inches in height, and should be plant 10 inches apart from each other.

Visit other entries at Blue Monday!



Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape

 

12 comments:

  1. I've never heard of blue-eyed daisies, but I love, love, love them too! Happy Blue Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your blue makes my heart go pitter pat. I adore it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful photos of these Blue-Eyed daisy!

    Ps. My photo was a fir cone.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an interesting flower! I've never seen a blue-eyed daisy before. Thanks for sharing. And happy Blue Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How absolutely stunning these blue-eyed daisies are! I don't believe I've ever seen one, but seeing your photos, I'm going to now be on the lookout. The centers are amazing. Thank you for sharing this novelty (for me) with us today.

    Happy Blue Monday!

    XO,

    Sheila :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have never seen these types of daisies before. If they like sun and are drought tolerant, maybe I can find them in my area. Beautiful pictures. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Icy, this is gorgeous. I've not seen this color and just love it. It is so unique and the white and blue contrast is what makes it so appealing. Magnificent shot.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've never sween blue eyed daisies. They are absolutely gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a pretty daisy. Like everyone else I have never seen this variety before. I will be checking around to see if they are available here.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Icy, I can see why you love, love, love them; they are lovely and lovable!

    ReplyDelete
  11. oh, i had never seen a flower like that before... and i'm just so glad to have witnessed such a beauty engraved on those photos!!!:)

    Great day!!!:)

    >kelvin

    ReplyDelete
  12. You are astonishing us all. I've never seen a blue-eyed daisy....Lovely photos.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking your time to comment! I will visit you as soon as I can, promise..

Stop by my other blogs:

Pragmatic Soul
Beyond Wandering
Beyond Zephyr



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Provide useful, entertaining, and educational information on a wide range of subjects.

Total Pageviews

Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP  

Pin It button on image hover