Friday, May 21, 2010

Friday Fave Five #3

Friday is here upon us, and it is time for me to think back to my week! I think this is a good exercise for my brain to work those rusty muscles.

I love Thrift Stores


It is funny how I couldn't tolerate the smell in Thrift Stores before, but now I can barely notice it anymore. I found some good stuffs there, from dishes to small furniture pieces.



I am planning to make over JoJo's room, his brother's old room, and needed some furniture for it. I made a list of what needed to be done, and slowly gathering what I wanted. I found this end table for $10 and intent to use it as a night stand. Would it work? It has too! We are not on the high end celebrity list decoration or anything. I just want his room to be functional!

Middle School Orientation

JoJo's Elementary School is closing this summer, and he is moving up to Middle School one year earlier than expected. We went to Orientation to meet the school staffs and to get familiar with the school. I saw my daughter's old principal and we chatted a bit. I was amazed that he still remembered my daughter after so many years had passed.

JoJo seems to be very excited with the whole thing, which puts me at ease since he was very nervous about the change before.

I Bask In the Sun

After so many days of cold, rain, and wind, the sun finally comes out, and it is such a joy for us all. Although with a couple of storms passing through, I really should get outside to clean up my yard, but...got to get my Friday Fave Five done first.

Chasing the Butterfly


I have seen many butterflies in my backyard lately, more than last year, and spending some times chasing them with my camera! Crazy, I know! However, if you see these butterflies whizzing by above your head, you would too. They are irresistible!

Well, come to find out, the butterflies were in season for mating, and they were attracted to white color!



Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape

 

15 comments:

  1. Ahh Thrift stores...I really enjoy poking around in them.
    My decorating style is generally functional :0)
    I think it's fabulous that you chase butterflies around to photograph!
    Have a great weekend...

    ReplyDelete
  2. What can I say? I love thrift stores too. Another plus factor of spring... yard sale. oh I love yard, garage, barn, whatnot sales. My friends and I will go bargain hunting almost all weekends of spring and summer. Sometimes we do buy, sometimes we just browse on some stuff. It's kinda therapeutic for me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pictures!!

    I am a thrift store lover too. What a great find!

    Thanks for PSFing with us this week!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You had a full and fun week. That end table looks antique to me. The legs and decor on the sides tell a story though I'm not sure of the age.

    Anyway, have a great weekend and another awesome week ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Enjoyed your post today. I like thrift stores and technology, too! I'm not sure which one I like better ...

    Those pictures of the butterfly are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My grandmother used to have an end table like the one you posted, she used it for her telephone.

    I love technology too, its done a lot to keep us together.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your butterfly pictures are awesome. :)

    Great find for the nightstand.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Most enjoyable of all!!!:)

    Have a great day!!!:)

    .kelvin

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great Pics, Icy. I checked out your niece's blog. She's doing such a great job of it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. My daughter uses a table very similar to that as her end table in her bedroom. She likes it because of the two levels.

    Beautiful butterfly you captured with the camera.

    ReplyDelete
  11. love your backyard butterfly photos, Icy. like you, i love technology though am not good at it :(

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love technology too! In fact, I'm chatting on IM with my daughter as I write this comment! Lovely butterfly photos!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am addicted to thrift stores - one man's junk another man's treasure...

    Love your butterflies!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love thrift stores too, I would rather shop at them than at any furniture store. That is a really cute table.

    Technology makes it so much easier to stay in touch, distance doesn't matter when it comes to the internet.

    I have been chasing butterflies too but they keep flying into the neighbor's yard. Soon they will pose for my camera.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love thrift shops too. I can always find some cheap books and movies in them. Writing these things down is a great way to keep your brain going.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking your time to comment! I will visit you as soon as I can, promise..

Stop by my other blogs:

Pragmatic Soul
Beyond Wandering
Beyond Zephyr



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Provide useful, entertaining, and educational information on a wide range of subjects.

Total Pageviews

Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP  

Pin It button on image hover