Sunday, May 16, 2010

Pretty Shadow of Crab-Apple Flowers


I found one deep red crab-apple flower and was just amazed at the color when the other flower right next to it remained pink. They both received the same amount of exposure to the sun as you can see in the picture.


As I snapped away with my shooting, I also noticed the shadow of its center. It looked pretty, and again Shadow Shot Sunday entered my mind! It was like a curse, a fantastic one! I don't just take pictures anymore; I look for shadows, I look for reflections, and I look for colors.


After uploading the pictures, I like the shadow of this crab-apple center even more. The yellow color popped out so pretty against the deep color red petals. Do you like? What do you think of it?

Visit other entries at Shadow Shot Sunday, and Today Flowers!

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape

 

12 comments:

  1. These flowers are so pretty! And love the touch of shadow lines in the heart of one flower! Amazing about the change of tone in flowers from the same plant!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, awesome, i am just breathless by the beauty of your capture!!!:)

    Good day!!!:)

    >kelvin

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, so pretty! Noticing the shadow of the center must have felt like finding a treasure. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is amazing what a person can see when we really look at something we tend to overlook most often. I never realized that my orchid blossoms had "handlebar mustaches" until I did close-up photography of them. Coolo. Rosemary

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do the same thing now too. I love this photo. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, I do like IcyBC. The yellow is striking.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I do love those yellow centers, contrasting so beautiful with the bright red of the blossoms. Thanks so much for sharing and have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful flower! I have never seen a crab-apple flower before.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful - love the shadows here! And I'm not the only one whose outlook has changed by noticing shadows, reflections, colors and more! Very fun - and I've learned so much along the way!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh yes I like these. Especially the last photo! I'm fond of the red & yellow colour combination. And the addition of shadows just adds an extra element of magic to it! Have a great week :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful capture on the shadows Icy, it really stands out on those red petals. Looks like there are a lot of us roaming the streets and parks looking for shadows, reflections, colors, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonderful shadows, Icy. I know, now I need to sort the photos and place them into folders labeled "shadows", "reflections", "ruby", "watery"...:-)

    Are we normal?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking your time to comment! I will visit you as soon as I can, promise..

Stop by my other blogs:

Pragmatic Soul
Beyond Wandering
Beyond Zephyr



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Provide useful, entertaining, and educational information on a wide range of subjects.

Total Pageviews

Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP  

Pin It button on image hover