Monday, May 3, 2010

White and Blue Violets


My friend gave me a bunch of chive to grow, and among the chive there were these beautiful white violets, with a touch of blue in the middle. I have purple violets all over the yard, but I have not seen violets in these colors before.


I extracted the violets from the chive's root hoping to grow these violets along the fencing of my yard, and so far they are wilting. I am not sure if the root will catch or grow. I like them, because they are different.


Have you seen these colors of violet before? I was very happy to spot this flower, and hopefully it will grow here in my yard. If not, I'm going to ask for some from my friend's yard.

Visit other entries at Blue Monday, and Macro Lovers!

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape

 

17 comments:

  1. Oh I so need to plant some of those. I have Chive, but no Violets.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't seen this colour before. I know I would've tried to grow it, if I had. It's so precious. I wonder if the colour will reproduce, or it has to have a particular type of soil to show up this vivid blue.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Icy, I have seen these before and the coloring is so unique. You've captured a beauty there, indeed. Just gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never tried to grow violets. I suspect it's too dry here for them. Maybe you've discovered a rare one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have no spice plants, but this one of yours is very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  6. this flower isn't common here so i don't really know much about it until after seeing this post

    ReplyDelete
  7. i've never seen violets in all my life. thanks for sharing/showing us these photos :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great photos of violets!
    Have not seen these colors before...

    ReplyDelete
  9. they look so delicate, virginal even!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have never seen violets in that colour. They are so pretty, almost ethereal.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Delightful that these beautiful white violets came to you along with the chive plants. :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. They are very pretty and different. So gentle looking.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I snapped some at my daughter's home. She has the purple, lilac, and whites. I just have purple. They are resilient too as her children run all over them. :-)

    You did an amazing job of capturing them as they are so small. I was lying on the grass to take their pic. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. The flowers are really pretty. I really love the color of them too.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking your time to comment! I will visit you as soon as I can, promise..

Stop by my other blogs:

Pragmatic Soul
Beyond Wandering
Beyond Zephyr



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Provide useful, entertaining, and educational information on a wide range of subjects.

Total Pageviews

Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP  

Pin It button on image hover