Monday, June 14, 2010

The Blue Delphiniums


Last week I posted pictures of these flower buds. I told you I'm a flower stalker, and I love to chronicle the stages of flowers. Judy-SquirrelQueen, guessed it correctly. They are delphiniums!

Talking about Judy, she is hosting A Silly Photo Challenge on Tuesday June 15, which is tomorrow! Many of you have met her, but many have not. She is a great friend, and a fantastic photographer! Go through your photo folders, or go out and take silly photos, then join her for this fun event.


Taking pictures and being with nature is one of the ways for me to de-stress. I totally immerse myself in the beautiful things around me, and temporary forget my problems or whatever bothers me.


Delphinium comes in many different colors: white, purple, light pink, and deep blue! This baby blue color took my breath away when I first saw them.

Don't forget to join SquirrelQueen by posting your Silly Photos. I will post mine on Wandering Thought.

Have a great Monday..

Visit other entries at Blue Monday!



Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape

 

13 comments:

  1. Such beautiful blue flowers!
    Wonderful macro photos!

    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These blue flowers are amazing! Happy Blue Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your blue flowers and the contest sounds like fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. they are very pretty Icy, yes, you are the flower queen, you are very good at capturing their stages at their best angles and light.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Icy, i loveee the subtle color of blue and purplish!!!! very delicate.

    have a lovely week.

    eng

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, how gorgeous! Are these lovely gems from your garden? They are the perfect shade of blue. I love delphiniums. Thanks for sharing.

    XO,

    Sheila :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such beautiful blues. Blue does not seem to be a very common colour in the flower world.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful shots of gorgeous flowers. Happy Blue Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fantastic, Icy and thanks for the info and name.

    ReplyDelete
  10. When I saw your photo in the other post the only tall blue flower I could think of was the Delphinium. Your photos are beautiful, you really captured the pastels in those lovely blooms.

    Thanks for mentioning the challenge, I really appreciated that.

    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  11. Icy, I agree with you that photographing beautiful things really does help reduce stress. After my ultrasound today, I had a couple of hours to kill before meeting a friend for lunch at my favorite Thai restaurant so I rode around San Francisco and got some wonderful photographs.

    Your delphiniums are another feel good tonic!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks flower stalker, you have done a great job.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What beautiful flowers. They are a nice color too.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking your time to comment! I will visit you as soon as I can, promise..

Stop by my other blogs:

Pragmatic Soul
Beyond Wandering
Beyond Zephyr



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Provide useful, entertaining, and educational information on a wide range of subjects.

Total Pageviews

Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP  

Pin It button on image hover