Friday, June 18, 2010

My Friday Fave Five #7

The Weekend

I sat three hours on Saturday, and three hours on Sunday at the soccer field for JoJo's soccer try-out! He gave all he has, and more! You should see the sweat from this child of mine. Dark hair in the sun is a killer. It attracts heat! And I, with my head in "lala land", didn't pack enough drinking water to last that 3 hours for him on the first day.

JoJo suffered from heat exhaustion last summer, while we were at the tournament, so I'm now always worried about this. Overall, the try-out went well, and he will be on U-13 team for next year. One thing done, and more to come!



Monday


We had a picnic at my son's school, so I was out most of the day! As I grow older, I can't tolerate that much sun anymore. I was exhausted when we got back home. However, the picnic was swell, and this is something that my son will remember for a long time.

Thursday


This is the last day of school, and as soon as the bell ring, the kids come running out in all directions screaming and yelling. It was fun to see, and "school-out" parties begin at different houses, and businesses. JoJo chose to go to swimming party with his friends instead of the shaving cream party that my friend holds every year.

I don't see any recessions at these occasions! Life goes on!

Garage Cleaned

JoJo knows that I have more on my plate that I could chew so he decided to clean and organize the garage for me. His sweet gesture, consideration, and caring, touch a deep core in my heart. This is a rare occasion, and I am taking it with great pleasure. Thanks sweetie!

One Last Dogwood


Since the weather is on a strange mood this year, even dogwood has a hard time to come in full bloomed. It was too cold for the petals to grow properly, but still is just absolutely beautiful to me.

Have a great weekend!


Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape

 

19 comments:

  1. Sounds like you’re a great soccer mom. I definitely feel my age now when I’m in the sun too long, too. What a blessing that JoJo cleaned out your garage for you! Wow. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a great week!

    I know what you mean about dark hair in the sun. I have dark brown hair, and it still surprises me that it gets so HOT when I'm outdoors.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How nice to have someone clean your garage for you! And for school to be out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, we watched excited kids going to prom tonight, it was a hoot to see them all dressed and arriving in different modes of transportation.

    Dogwood, we don't have that, it does look lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  5. school is almost over for me too Icy, just one more week, glad to hear about Jojo's many "happy"-nings. your dogwood shot is definitely awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful time it has been for you and your son... and though i don't know much 'bout dogwoods i still find really interestin' and truly likable...!!!:D

    Good day!!!:)

    >Kelvin

    ReplyDelete
  7. way to go!!! soccer mum.

    next time just pack a whole chilly bin with juice.

    My son has to pack his own water when he goes for karate lessons.

    ReplyDelete
  8. How sweet of JoJo to clean out and organize the garage for you. He is a wonderful son. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. First, that dogwood is really pretty, wonderful shot. It seems JoJo really loves soccer and you supporting him is so fantastic. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dogwoods are lovely. I don't think we have those are here where I live.

    Good for your young man on making the team and for taking the initiative to clean the garage for you. He's sounds like a wonderful teen.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The poor dogwoods! It has been a crazy spring. Enjoy your summer soocer days. I'm sure JoJo will do great. And congrats to him for cleaning the garage! A kid who cleans? Clone him!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a great post! I'm glad that JoJo made the team. I know he is so happy to be out of school. I remember how excited I was when school was out.

    ReplyDelete
  13. which reminds me i have some cleaning to do =)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Way to go JoJo! Thanks for helping out, keep up the wonderful sweetness. Much love.

    ReplyDelete
  15. That is exciting your son made the team.....I always feel bad sitting there complaining about the heat while my kids are out there playing. But as you said, I am then reminded that I am no spring chicken anymore and that heat bothers me too!!! Keep the water and Gatorade flowing! :)
    Kudos to Jo Jo for cleaning the garage!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh Icy, that was so sweet of JoJo to clean and organize the garage for you. What a very special son you have.

    The kids look like they were having a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  17. glad to hear that you had a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I can see how proud you are of your son, Icy. It is nice when they reward you by doing something so sweet as he did, these boys of ours. My three have continued to be very endearing as adults!

    I love dogwood...it is so predominant in the South where I am from ( Georgia ) and I miss seeing it in the spring the way I always did there.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Icy, I know - Michigan weather. I wait all winter for my catalpa blossoms in the spring and one thunderstorm took all my blossoms away! All I have left is a couple of pics and some memories! :-)

    I am glad you are having some wonderful events with Joey. He is sweet because you are!

    Take care & God bless!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking your time to comment! I will visit you as soon as I can, promise..

Stop by my other blogs:

Pragmatic Soul
Beyond Wandering
Beyond Zephyr



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Provide useful, entertaining, and educational information on a wide range of subjects.

Total Pageviews

Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP  

Pin It button on image hover