Friday, July 2, 2010

Safety for Single-Moms

Written by guest blogger Alyissa Marner.

When my husband and I divorced, I had to become more independent. That meant I had to get used to sleeping alone and having the house all to myself, at least on the weekends when he had the kids. A house without the sounds of mobiles, infant cries and young children waking from nightmares becomes a lonesome and scary place when you have grown used to those noises. Several months after the divorce, I had grown into a habit of staying up all night on the weekends and taking short naps throughout the day. When I headed back to work on Monday mornings, I was totally dead-headed. I had messed up my entire sleep pattern and I started to pay for it every day of the week. I bought the kids a dog, with the intentions of keeping the dog at home with me on weekends for company. When the dog scared off a burglar one Saturday night, I immediately called and had alarm monitoring around North Carolina system installed in my home. Since installing the system, my sleep pattern has gone back to normal. I now feel safer being at home alone. I feel even better about the nights when I have the kids and I don’t have to worry about someone breaking in and hurting my children.



Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape

 

2 comments:

  1. I lived on my own for so many years that I had never thought about such things. But having your dog scare a burglar away would make me looking into a security system too.

    Nice guest post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great guest post. It is always better to be safe than sorry.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking your time to comment! I will visit you as soon as I can, promise..

Stop by my other blogs:

Pragmatic Soul
Beyond Wandering
Beyond Zephyr



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Provide useful, entertaining, and educational information on a wide range of subjects.

Total Pageviews

Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP  

Pin It button on image hover