Are you looking for something to do with your children this summer? Let makes fresh fruit jam/jelly. You will spend some quality time with your kids, and also save money as the same time. It is easy, fast and fun to do.
Gather Your Fruits
- 2 quart of fresh strawberry
- 2 quart of fresh raspberry
Prepare Your Fruits
- Wash and quartered your strawberries, and mash them in a bowl. If you still want pieces of strawberries in your jam/jelly, then keep them coarse, not fine!
- Wash your raspberry and mash them in the bowl. If you don't want to have lots of seeds, then run the raspberry through a strainer.
You Will Need
- 2 boxes of Natural Gel, no sugar needed fruit pectin. You can control the amount of sugar needed if your strawberry or raspberry are on the sour side. I used 1 cup of sugar for the strawberry, and two cups of sugar for the raspberry.
- One box of pectin for each.
- 3/4 Cup of water for each jam/jelly
Now You Are Ready
- Bring water to a boil, and dissolve Natural Gel Fruit Pectin
- Add to your mashed strawberry mixture/raspberry mixture
- Stir them up
- Pour them in containers or jars
Repeat the same steps above for the raspberry. Let your jam/jell cool, and then refrigerator them. It can be kept in freezer for up to 6 months.
Enjoy summer bountiful!
Linking this post to Frugal Friday, and Foodie Friday!