Sunday, July 11, 2010

Shadows From the Window


This is the big window at the gym where my nephew went to school, and every season the Pre-school teacher helped the students decorating them with paint, cut out art pieces, or other interesting things.

The shadow was small in the morning, but by afternoon, the entire hall way was just fantastic.


In full sun, this was what it looked like! You could see butterfly, flowers, trees, fence, and whatever the children put on this giant glass window.


While most parents were busy taking pictures of their children, I aimed at the floor. It was more captivating to me than what was going on at the time. You should have seen the look on these people's face when they watched me taking pictures of the floor!

They must have thought that I was crazy, but really, it is the simple joy of life that I'm discovering, everyday, in ordinary things like this.

Visit other entries at Shadow Shot Sunday!


Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape

 

17 comments:

  1. oh, these are gorgeous. Absolutely gorgeous!
    I have the same thoughts sometimes when taking photos of unusual things, objects...
    I simply don't care. :)))

    Happy Sunday

    ReplyDelete
  2. great shadow shots. i agree with you...i don't care how silly i look when taking certain photos. it's what you have to do to get the shot :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. awesome photos
    miss u a lot have a great day

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are fantastic and breathtaking! I love them! And our neighbors look at me like that all the time as they see me out on the deck with the camera looking for shadows! They don't know what fun they're missing! Hope you have a great week!

    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  5. Icy, I dub you president of the Camera Bug Club. Can I be secretary or VP?

    Love your shadows!! I'm sure you took pics of your nephew too. We have to be so careful when we take pics of others loved ones so you did right.

    ReplyDelete
  6. it is indeed very gorgeous Icy, the painting on the wall brought beautiful shadows. sometimes, some people don't see what we see, i think because we blog and share pictures our eyes are more open to seeing some things that others oftentimes neglected.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow Icy, these shadows are fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It looks like a mural painted on the floor. Isn't that wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is so very cool! I bet the kiddos loved to see the scenes on the floor like that! Fun!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's like a mural on the floor, painted by hand.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Icy, these are some of the most wonderful shadow shots I've ever seen! It's nice that you got the earlier shots and then the ones later in the day as well. Just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Haha! I can imagine the confused looks on their faces! The beauty found on the floor is obvious to those of us in the know :D

    Oh and gorgeous shadow shots btw!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Icy, these are so artistic. It's almost like stained glass window shots with shadows. Very beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  14. oh i love the shadow on the floor created by the images on the glass wall. great shots.

    ReplyDelete
  15. These shots are really great. You really got some great shadow shots here.

    ReplyDelete
  16. The artwork on the windows make for some very interesting shadows. Great photos Icy, they have a very playful feel to them.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking your time to comment! I will visit you as soon as I can, promise..

Stop by my other blogs:

Pragmatic Soul
Beyond Wandering
Beyond Zephyr



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Provide useful, entertaining, and educational information on a wide range of subjects.

Total Pageviews

Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP  

Pin It button on image hover