Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Come Closer


Sunflowers grew very tall and huge in the park that we went for soccer conditioning. I was on my tip-toes zooming all the way in with my little camera to take these photos.


Besides fighting with the bees, I also had to fight with the sun in my eyes and the wind swaying my flower away. It was quite a sweating challenge, but fun to go after.


We don't have many summer days left here in Michigan, so I took full advantage of being outdoors this past week, and taking as many pictures of flowers as I can. Our mornings and evenings are getting to be very chilly already.

Linking this post to Wordful Wednesday, and Outdoor Wednesday!



Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape

 

14 comments:

  1. beautiful Icy, as always, you bring out the best of the flower's beauty, this time, that of sunflower.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful photo.

    I too am a Michigander and I don't know about you but I am ready for the cool crispness of fall and the colors. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very interesting shots, the closeups are truly artistic.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love sunflowers and you really captured their cheerful spirit in these photos.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Icy, these details are amazing. What gorgeous shots.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty....sunflowers always make me happy....it is feeling a little bit like Fall here too, even though it is still quite warm.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sunflowers are my favorite this time of the year, great macros Icy. We have had a chill in the air all week but the ninety degree temps are coming back tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Can't believe it's already cool weather time in your parts. I guess you are savoring the last great summer days!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. i am taking advantage of the last few days of summer too here because snow might fall anytime soon.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Icy, I know, soon it will be over. Leaves are already turning orange and red. We needed today's rain after the scorching sun dried everything up.

    Your flowers are wonderful. Your effort is appreciated!

    ReplyDelete
  11. sunny flower... sunflower =)

    summer's still kicking here and we're experiencing high temperatures

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your pics are really amazing! I really enjoyed looking at them. I noticed that there are leaves on the ground here so Fall is definitely on it's way.

    CA Johnson

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such beauties, big, full, with happy faces.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking your time to comment! I will visit you as soon as I can, promise..

Stop by my other blogs:

Pragmatic Soul
Beyond Wandering
Beyond Zephyr



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Provide useful, entertaining, and educational information on a wide range of subjects.

Total Pageviews

Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP  

Pin It button on image hover