Thursday, August 26, 2010

Purple Thistle By the Water


While we were at Metro Park, I saw so many different wild flowers by the water edge. This was the purple thistle that grew abundantly everywhere. They were huge, and very beautiful.


The wind was a bit stronger by the water, and I had to give up after three shots. I knew my battery wouldn't last if I didn't move on to other areas to take pictures.


It was not hard to find beautiful things to see in our world. Who would have thought that weed flower could be this gorgeous? Wild flowers are one of my favorite things also. I saw yellow thistles, but the wind blurred all of my pictures. Have to go back one of these days soon!

Linking this post to Finding Beauty Friday!


Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape

 

14 comments:

  1. beautiful shot Icy, I love wildflowers too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. we may call them weeds but you can not dismiss their glorious color.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Icy, I also saw Purple Thistle here in CO and was awed by its beauty. The wind always seems to want to play when i'm photographing flowers. You got some lovely captures anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  4. wildflowers are pretty, unique and eye catching icy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful purple flowers - weed or not.

    That wind can wreak havoc with out photography! I had such a time trying to get shots of those giant Matilija poppies.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a shame that the wind was being uncooperative. Great shots! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I never see enough thistle. They are beautiful and like you, weeds can be just as gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the lavender thistle, or is it purple? I just know that I love it. It stands out against all the green. Great pics!

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh i love the color of this flower.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a beautiful flower! I have never seen a flower like this one before.

    CA Johnson

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love thistle, it has the most beautiful flowers. Isn't it amazing how the wind seems to suddenly come up as soon as we pull out our cameras?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking your time to comment! I will visit you as soon as I can, promise..

Stop by my other blogs:

Pragmatic Soul
Beyond Wandering
Beyond Zephyr



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Provide useful, entertaining, and educational information on a wide range of subjects.

Total Pageviews

Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP  

Pin It button on image hover