Monday, September 20, 2010

Bring Out the Red Columbine

While I was out shopping for bed sets, I was reminded of CSN stores online, and it came to my attention that I could have done my browsing without leaving home. I love shopping online for the convenient of it all, but old habits die hard since I like to feel and see my desired objects.

JoJo didn't like anything at the stores that we went through, so we went home and hopped on the stores at CSN. We didn't agree on a particular bed yet, but look at what JoJo found for bedding.


He picked the bedding above, and the red color on this reminds me of my red columbine flowers below. Of course, the wall has to be painted blue for JoJo. By the way, this bedding is also called JoJo Designs! Go figure!


I had these flowers in my archive, and always wanted to show them. They were, however, lost in the shuffle until now. I love this shade of red, and have to admit that JoJo has good taste too.


I love columbine flowers, and I read that they are easy to grow from seeds. I bought a package of mixed columbine to grow in my garden, but they proved me wrong. Nothing germinates at all! I was very disappointed, but will try again next year!


I like the way columbine flowers look! Their petals are like wings flying in the wind, and they come in so many different colors. Last year I found one purple columbine plant in my yard, a present from the birds, and found the pink one near my dad's grave. You can see them here and here!

Joining Ruby Tuesday, Toot Your Horn and Follow Me Back Tuesday!


Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape

 

17 comments:

  1. Hi Icy, JoJo does have excellent taste; the bedding will look great against a blue wall! And, how amusing that the bedding picture reminds you of columbine flowers. But I do see the resemblance in the deep red color. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous blooms..pure magic..the color is exquisite too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Icy, I do believe we really are related as my mind wanders off to other things too. My husband says they aren't related, but I find a connection. :-) Nice pics. I hope the flower grows for you next year. I believe it will.

    Take care & God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  4. JoJo does have great taste, that is a really nice design. The color is very similar to those beautiful columbine blooms.

    Gotta love the CSN Stores, I was on their site this afternoon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your photgraphs. The columbine is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous bloms and I like that bedding too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. All my CO Columbines are from seed, and they reseed each year (are doing so now). If I buy seed, I throw it out in Oct, just after the first snowfall that will stay on the ground. Columbines usually like partial shade. I have a red variety, too but mine also have some cream on the petals.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the pattern and colors on JoJo's new set. His artistic eye is inherited from you :) Those columbines are so striking and I never see enough of them. Just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi I am Nicole from ColiesKitchen.com I found you on a blog hop and wanted to drop by and say hi. I really like your blog, and am now a new follower. I would love to have you stop by Colie’s Kitchen if you get a chance.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the red columbine and orange berries, beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  11. CSN Is fantastic!!

    Those flowers are gorgeous as well...I can't get anything to grow, lol!

    Here (belated) from FMBT to return your follow & wish you a wonderful week! XO Thanks so much for linking up with us!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What gorgeous flowers. I love the bedding too. Lovely colours in both nature and man made.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I really loved the color of the flowers. Your pics are great!

    ReplyDelete
  14. i am really amazed at how many unique flowers i see here.

    ReplyDelete
  15. My sons, at JoJo's age, would have love this bedroom ensemble! Your columbines, all of the colors, Icy, are so beautiful. I've never seen one in person. I wonder if anyone grows them here.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Just the choice my boys would have made in their youth!! Very nice.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking your time to comment! I will visit you as soon as I can, promise..

Stop by my other blogs:

Pragmatic Soul
Beyond Wandering
Beyond Zephyr



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Provide useful, entertaining, and educational information on a wide range of subjects.

Total Pageviews

Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP  

Pin It button on image hover