Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Still Thriving


Along the Detroit River, these thistles are still thriving to grow! The silky thistle flowers post were found at Saint Clair Shore Lake, Metro Park. On this side of the river, the sun is always full when it is out.


I like the little spot of purple color on these thistles. The weather is a bit colder in the morning and evening now, but as long as the sun comes out, these thistles will thrive!


These thistles are big comparing to the ones I have in my backyard. Spending some time by the water is always a welcome relaxation for me.

Linking this post to Wordful Wednesday, Outdoor Wednesday, and Watery Wednesday!


Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape

 

13 comments:

  1. Beautiful as always...gorgeous textures! I love spending time near water too..so blissful! thanks for another meditative nature post!
    kiki~

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have thistles that are noxious weeks and impossible to get rid of. You're are beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like that second shot, Icy, where the leaf seems to be cupping the thistle. Water is always good for the soul.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice photos...we don't have thistles in my neck of the woods...are they thorny or soft?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Taken from very good angles, Icy. Thistles are fast becoming one of my favourite plants.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, the water relaxes me too. Pretty thistles.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your flowers and the water seems to replenish the soul. Awww...:-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love to spend time by the water, I always find it relaxing. Thistle is so fascinating, from each angle it is a little different. The first shot is my fav.

    ReplyDelete
  9. nature is all around you...so many beautiful sights to see and explore

    ReplyDelete
  10. They're pretty, Icy. Very detailed shots. They wouldn't grow very well here because of the weather. They look very hardy though.

    ReplyDelete
  11. those are interesting looking flowers. They look rugged but still have color.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I really like these flowers. I have never seen flowers like them before. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking your time to comment! I will visit you as soon as I can, promise..

Stop by my other blogs:

Pragmatic Soul
Beyond Wandering
Beyond Zephyr



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Provide useful, entertaining, and educational information on a wide range of subjects.

Total Pageviews

Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP  

Pin It button on image hover